Welcome Baby & Early Parenting
Welcome Baby is a great way for families with babies 0–2 to get to know the Greater Boston Jewish community and connect with each other.
Let Us Welcome You and Your New Baby to the Jewish Community!
We provide information, resources, and family-friendly programs in your area, with opportunities to celebrate Jewish holidays, traditions, and culture, as well as interact and connect with a community of families with young children.
Where to Begin
If you or your partner identifies as Jewish and have had or adopted a baby in the last seven months, we invite you to sign up for a free virtual Welcome Baby visit!
Our trained visitors will connect with you virtually to share details about local family-friendly programs, events, and activities. You’ll also receive a FREE gift tote, including:
- A subscription to PJ Library® — high quality Jewish children’s books or music delivered monthly to your home.
- Magic Beans discount coupon for baby gear, toys, and more for your little one.
- High quality baby accessories and toys.
We can’t wait to help you and your family get connected to our community!
What’s Next: In-Person & Virtual Programs for You and Your Baby
Meetups: Join us for fun and supportive in-person meetups for families with young children!
- From stroller walks to park playdates, Welcome Baby meetups are a great way to connect with other new parents and give you and your little ones some socialization. Big siblings are always welcome, too!
Welcome Baby from Home: Looking to connect with other parents and build your Jewish community from the comfort of your own home?
- This program offers free, 6-week virtual sessions for parents of babies 0-3 and 4-12 months old. You’ll learn about your baby’s development and have the opportunity to chat with other parents in the community who are experiencing the same wonderful milestone. Be on the lookout for when this program is offered, and make sure you are on our email list to be notified!
Upcoming Welcome Baby EventsAll Early Parenting Events
Welcome Baby Bagels & Babies at the Park – Arlington
Gather over bagels and schmooze with other local Welcome Baby families at the beautiful Magnolia Playground in East…
Welcome Baby Movie Matinee & Pizza Meetup – Arlington
Meet other Welcome Baby families for an early pizza lunch and then head next door to the Capitol Theater for the Baby…
Thank you for our visit and generous gift! It helped us begin making connections in our Jewish community.
We're Here for You!
Program Manager, Welcome Baby
Alison is a seasoned professional, bringing a decade of experience in building Jewish community at the CJP and other organizations before joining JCC Greater Boston in 2011. Initially serving as a Family Connector, connecting on the ground with our local communities of JCC families, Alison assumed the role of Welcome Baby program manager in 2022.
With a deep passion for supporting new parents and families, Alison has successfully expanded the Welcome Baby program to offer more resources and increased connection to the Jewish community. She leads a talented team of Welcome Baby visitors and is instrumental in the creation and management of our virtual parenting support group, Welcome Baby from Home.
When she’s not working, Alison enjoys spending time with loved ones in nature, as well as pursuing her interests in photography, running, and travel.
Have any questions? Just fill out this form and our team will take it from there.