Who We Are
We believe in a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs.
By building meaningful and lasting relationships, welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families, and supporting unique identities rooted in Jewish values and Jewish life, our community thrives.
We Teach, We Think, and We Learn
Dynamic programs to nurture your curiosity, passions, and interests.
We Swim, We Train, and We Earn
Accessible programs to improve your health, wellness, and fitness.
We Lead, We Support, and We Yearn
Innovative Jewish programs to help foster meaningful and caring connections.
Our Four Core Values
What We Stand For
Belonging // B’Tzelem Elohim
Welcome and treat everyone with dignity, kindness, and respect.
Joyfulness // Simcha
Celebrate and rejoice in shared experiences and one another.
Collaboration // Kehilla
Achieve exceptional results by working together.
Transformation // Shema
Listen, embrace change, lead by example, and take inspired action.
Families Play, Learn, and Celebrate Together!
Open to all, JCC programs include four outstanding preschools, multiple day camps, early parenting support, a fully-equipped fitness and aquatics center, wellness, arts, and ideas classes for all ages, performances and lectures, Jewish holiday celebrations, and more.
With the support of generous donors, we award hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships each year in order to make the JCC accessible to people who could not otherwise afford to participate.
So when you’re looking for a place to get fit, an amazing summer camp, a terrific preschool, or a welcoming place where you can meet other families, look to the JCC.
Dr. Lily Rabinoff-Goldman joined JCC Greater Boston as president/CEO in July 2022. Lily began her career as a public school teacher in New York City and worked in several non-profits committed to educational equity in New York and Boston. Immediately prior to joining the JCC, Lily served as assistant head of school for teaching and learning at Gann Academy, a pluralistic Jewish high school in Waltham, MA, where she previously served as a teacher and English department chair.
Throughout her career, Lily’s focus has been on creating meaningful and inclusive educational and communal experiences, both formal and informal. Lily is a proud alumna of Brown University (BA), Bank Street College of Education (MSEd), UMass Boston (MFA), and Northeastern University (EdD), as well as Camp Ramah in New England. She lives in Newton with her husband, Rabbi Hillel Greene, and their two young children.
Mara Riemer Goldstein
Chair, Governing Board
Following a family legacy of community involvement and volunteering at the JCC, Mara is honored to be chair of the JCC Greater Boston governing board. Prior to assuming this position, she served on its board as chair of governance and leadership development. Throughout the community at large, she is a regular volunteer at JF&CS Family Table; a member of JF&CS Center for Basic Needs Assistance Advisory Committee; a mentor at Our Generation Speaks; and a longtime member and past board member of Temple Ohabei Shalom.
As a real estate professional with decades of experience, Mara manages and develops commercial property in the Greater Boston area. She holds a Bachelor of Science from Tufts University and an MBA from F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College.
Mara lives in Brookline with her husband Bob, their Aussie-doodle, and occasionally one or more of their three grown daughters.
Board of Directors
- Mara Riemer Goldstein – Chair
- David Begelfer – Vice Chair
- Sari Rapkin – Secretary
- Dr. James (Jim) Snider – Treasurer
Standing Committee Chairs
- Rebecca Diamondstein – Governance & Leadership Development
- Betsy Hecker – Audit
- Allison Hirsch – Finance
- Mitchell Leiman – Strategy & Alignment
- Ginny MacDowell – Resource & Development
- Richard Scherr – Facilities
- Avi Almozlino
- Jennifer Aronson
- Mark Barrocas
- Steven Bearak
- Jennifer Cramer
- Felice Friedman
- Tamar Frieze
- Bill Heitin
- Eliav Kahan
- Avi Liss
- Joel Samen
- David Shimoni
- Ari Sussman
Senior Leadership Team
- Dr. Lily Rabinoff-Goldman – President/CEO
- Gavin Andrews – Chief Strategic Program Officer
- Kait Rogers – Chief Financial and Operations Officer
- Jillian Kohl – Chief Development Officer
- Matt Adwin – Vice President, Vice President of Technology, Analytics, & Security
- Jenna Stein – Vice President, Marketing & Membership
- Shani Winton – Vice President, Programs
- Nancy Dill – Director, People & Culture
- Indira Herscovici – Assistant Vice President, Early Childhood Education
- Leslie Hochstein – Director, Camp Grossman
- Midge Merlin – Assistant Vice President, Family Engagement & Jewish Life
- Rina Wagman – Director, Annual Campaign
- Andrew Lamson – Director, Business Operations
- Brian Morris – Director, Facilities
- Kathryn Ruggeri – Assistant Vice President, Finance and Administration
- William Winer – Assistant Vice President, Health, Fitness & Membership
At JCC Greater Boston, you can engage in a rich array of high quality educational, fitness, cultural, and social programs — all while connecting to a vibrant Jewish community. Everyone is welcome at the JCC. We hope you’ll join us.