The Summer 2023 camp season will run from June 26 to August 25 in two-week sessions, which includes an additional 9th week.
2023 Dates & Rates
Summer 2023 Dates
|Session 1||June 26-July 7, no camp 7/4|
|Session 2||July 10-July 21|
|Session 3||July 24-August 4|
|Session 4||August 7-August 18|
|9th Week||August 21-August 25|
|"Plus Weeks"||Weeks 1-9 as individual add-ons|
"Plus weeks" may be added after at least one session has been purchased.
Summer 2023 Rates
|Age Group||Session Rate||"Plus Weeks" (available only after purchasing at least one session)||9th Week|
|General: Entering Grades Pre-K (4.5yrs)-7||$1450||$750||$750|
|Kibbutz: Entering Grades 8 & 9||$1550||$800||$600|
|CIT: Entering Grade 10||$1200||$625||Successful CITs may apply to work as Jr. Counselors during 9th week or remain CITs and receive a stipend.|
|Pathways 3:1: Grades K and up||$1490||$770||**|
**Our ability to offer 9th Week programming to our Pathways 3:1 campers is determined on an individual basis. Decisions will not be made until the summer. Please contact the Director of Pathways at firstname.lastname@example.org over the summer to inquire.
Important - please read our NEW payment and cancellation policy for Summer 2023:
- JCC Camps Grossman and Kaleidoscope now require a separate deposit for each session or week. The deposit(s) are strictly tied to those specific sessions and/or weeks. A deposit of $150 per session ($75 per week) is due upon registration, including any session/weeks *waitlisted.
- Sessions (and "plus weeks" at Grossman) may be dropped or switched pending availability, without loss of deposit until February 1.
- Please note sessions may not be split in order to drop individual weeks.
- After February 1: Deposits are no longer refundable or transferable.
- February 1 until May 1: Sessions and (“plus weeks” at Grossman) may be dropped and all fees paid will be refunded EXCEPT the deposit(s).
- May 1: Full payment is due, unless a payment plan is in place, or written notice to withdraw/un-enroll has been received. Families are financially responsible for all sessions and/or weeks registered.
- If full payment has not been received (and a payment plan is not in place), the remaining balance will be charged to your payment method on file on or about May 2nd.
- Tuition is non-refundable after May 1; this includes no refunds for illness, partial sessions/weeks attended or change of plans.
- If you are *waitlisted and a spot opens on the waitlist, the next camper in line will automatically be enrolled and the family will receive notification. Families have one week to decline the spot to receive a refund of the associated deposit. Families may remove their name from the waitlist by emailing Camp Grossman at any time before a spot is offered, to be issued a refund of the waitlist deposit paid.
- Deposits will be refunded to families of all campers remaining on the waitlist if/when it is determined that a spot will not become available.
- A $25 processing fee will be added to your invoice for any check or EFT returned unpaid or credit card declined.
- There are 3 payment options available at the time of registration. You can elect to pay in full at time of registration, pay in 2 installments (in March & in May ) or via a monthly payment plan. You must select your payment option at the time of registration. Any registration submitted after May 1 requires full payment at that time.
Payment of camp tuition may be paid in the following forms: by check, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), or credit card. Please note a convenience fee may apply depending on method of payment. If you elect to pay by physical check, please note that payment must be received and processed before the installment date, to avoid having that payment charged to the method on file.
Please read JCC Camps Terms & Conditions here!
- $75 per week per camper
Extended Day Fees
- Extended day is available at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton until 5:45pm, Monday-Friday during Weeks 1-8.
- Cost per week is $125 per camper.
Camp Grossman offers a special week-long program between the end of regular camp and the beginning of school.
- As our 9th Week session is smaller, with fewer campers and staff, campers are assigned to new 9th Week groups.
- The schedule is different, with everyone present for 9th Week gathering together throughout the day.
- The 9th Week camp day is one-hour longer (ending at 5pm instead of 4pm).
- Because of the longer day, we do not offer an extended day option this week.
- There is no swim instruction during this week, but free swim is offered twice daily.
- Bus transportation is also different this week, with regional bus stops available in Brookline, Cambridge, Canton, Lexington, Natick and Newton.
COVID Closure Policy
In the event that Camp Grossman must close your child's bunk, or all of camp, due to state or local mandate, Camp Grossman will do our best to fit you into another week, session or JCC camp program as you prefer. If we are unable to accommodate you, JCC Greater Boston will credit your account for use in a future program.
Sibling Discount - $50 off tuition per session for the second and each additional sibling in a family.
JCC Membership - JCC Greater Boston full family members in good standing will receive a tuition discount per child of $50 per session. Some restrictions apply.
Thanks to the support of generous individual and foundation donors, JCC Greater Boston makes every effort to offer financial assistance to campers in need. All financial aid requests must be submitted online through the CampMinder registration app. For more information and a confidential conversation, please contact the camp office at email@example.com.
Financial aid applications must be completed online before February 1, at which time all submitted requests will be reviewed. Requests made after February 1 will be reviewed individually and are dependent upon funds remaining. Awards are not guaranteed year to year or for weeks added after February 1. If you are unable to accept the award, you must submit a written request to either reduce enrollment or withdraw. You must submit this request within two weeks of award notification in order to receive refund of any deposit(s) connected to the withdrawal. Additional weeks can be added after the deadline has passed, however, there is no guarantee that the aid will be the same. Financial aid is not transferable between camps.