The Summer 2022 camp season runs from June 27 to August 26.
We have availability all weeks for campers going into 8th, 9th and 10th grades. Please contact us at email@example.com to register, as online registration is closed.
We are currently full for campers going into grades preK-7 in the fall. We are working to get people in from the waitlist. Campers interested in our special needs program should join this special needs waitlist.
2022 Camp Dates
The Grossman schedule is flexible. Families can enroll for two to eight weeks, consecutively or as they choose, during the regular summer, with an option to add the 9th Week.
|Week 1||June 27-July 1|
|Week 2||July 5-July 8 (No camp on July 4 in honor of Independence Day)|
|Week 3||July 11-July 15|
|Week 4||July 18-July 22|
|Week 5||July 25-July 29|
|Week 6||August 1-August 5|
|Week 7||August 8-August 12|
|Week 8||August 15-August 19 (End of regular camp season)|
|9th Week (*Modified program, hours, and transportation apply)||August 22-August 26|
Regular camp hours are 9am-4pm with extended day available until 5:45pm during Weeks 1-8 at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton.
Summer 2022-- Prices will Increase after 3/1
*Kibbutz and CITs registering for 4+ regular weeks (1-8) save $25 per week!
**Our ability to offer 9th Week programming to our special needs campers is determined on an individual basis. Decisions will not be made until the summer. Please contact the Director of Special Needs at firstname.lastname@example.org over the summer to inquire.
- Before 3/1:
- Weeks may be dropped or changed, subject to availability and as long as two week minimum (not including the 9th Week) is maintained.
- After 3/1:
- There is a $50 per week per child fee for any weeks dropped, a 2 week minimum must be maintained (not including the 9th Week).
- Changes to weeks attending may be made, Subject to Availability, as long as number of weeks remains the same or increases. There is a $50 transaction fee per child each time a change is made.
- If we cannot accommodate your week change and you must drop weeks, each week dropped is subject to the $50 drop fee.
- On and After 5/1:
- Full payment is due or a payment plan must be in place and no refunds will be issued. You can not drop weeks after this date.
- Weeks may be changed Subject to Availability and a $50 transaction fee per child is charged every time a change is made.
- If we cannot accommodate your weeks change, you are financially responsible for the number of weeks for which your camper is registered.
- Returned check fee: $25
Balance of camp tuition may be paid by credit card, check, or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Please note a 3% service fee will be incurred for credit card payments. Payment plan via EFT or payment in full by check does not incur a service fee. New this year: you will be able to sign up for a monthly payment plan during your online registration. Families can refer to the Camp Grossman Terms & Conditions for more information.
Deposit and Payments Due
The $250 deposit is nonrefundable. You must pay half of the registration fee or have a payment plan in place by March 30. The remainder of the camp tuition is due or a payment plan must be in place by May 1.
- $75 per week per camper
Extended Day Fees
- Extended day is available at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton until 5:45pm, Monday-Friday during Weeks 1-8.
- Cost per week is $125 per camper.
Camp Grossman offers a special week-long program between the end of regular camp and the beginning of school.
- As our 9th Week session is smaller, with less campers and staff, campers are assigned to new 9th Week groups.
- The schedule is different, with everyone present for 9th Week gathering together throughout the day.
- The 9th Week camp day is one-hour longer (ending at 5pm instead of 4pm).
- Because of the longer day, we do not offer an extended day option this week.
- There is no swim instruction during this week, but free swim is offered twice daily.
- Bus transportation is also slightly different this week, with regional bus stops available in Brookline, Cambridge, Canton, Lexington, Natick and Newton.
COVID Closure Policy
In the event that Camp Grossman must close your child's bunk, or all of camp, due to state or local mandate, Camp Grossman will do our best to fit you into another week, session or JCC camp program as you prefer. If we are unable to accommodate you, JCC Greater Boston will credit your account for use in a future program.
Sibling Discount - $100 off tuition for the second and each additional child in a family
First-time Camper Discount - $100 off tuition for first-time campers (minimum two-week enrollment)
JCC Membership - JCC Greater Boston full family members in good standing will receive a one-time tuition discount per child of $75 for 2-4 weeks enrollment and $100 for 5-9 weeks enrollment. Some restrictions apply.
Thanks to the support of generous individual and foundation donors, JCC Greater Boston makes every effort to offer financial assistance to campers in need. All financial aid requests must be submitted online through the Family Profile. For more information and a confidential conversation, please contact the camp office at email@example.com.
For all applications submitted by March 1, you will be notified of your award by March 15. Applications submitted after March 1 are considered if funds are available. If you are not able to accept the offered assistance, you must submit a written request for a deposit refund within two weeks of award notification. Additional weeks can be added after the deadline has passed, however, there is no guarantee the weekly rate of the new weeks will be the same as the weeks previously registered. Financial aid is not transferable between camps.