Registration for the 2022-23 School Year is Now Open!
Discovery Club is an active and engaging after-school program for children in grades K-5, conveniently located at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton. Join this vibrant, welcoming community filled with enrichment programming, Jewish celebrations and values, learning and fun! Transportation is available from select schools, and our program is open to all.
To learn more about enrolling for the current school year (2021-22), contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designed for Your Family
- Open after school hours and early release days
- Transportation available from select schools
- Competitive pricing; financial assistance available
- COVID surveillance testing and safety protocols
- Child-directed, play-based experiences and programming
- Social-emotional awareness and support
- Jewish values, resources and experiences
- Healthy snacks
Curated for Your Child
- One-stop shop for expert-led enrichment activities and programs in arts, sciences and sports
- Swim lessons or Karishim Swim Club
- Indoor pool, basketball and tennis courts, indoor and outdoor playspaces
- Integrated Jewish values and holiday celebrations
- Special events and guest experts
- Fun physical activity and outdoor play
- Social action projects around inclusivity, kindness and community
Sample Daily Schedule
|3-4pm (Open at 12:30pm on Early Release Days)|
Transportation will be provided by trusted local bussing companies from select elementary schools in Newton and Needham based on availability and interest. We anticipate servicing the following schools:
- Sunita L. Williams
- Memorial Spaulding
2022-2023 Tuition & Fees (September 6 - June 16)
|Days Per Week||Annual Tuition||Transportation (optional)|
|Early Release Wednesdays (Newton)||$1296|
|Early Release Wednesdays (Needham)||$504|
|Additional Early Release Days (Newton)||TBA|
One year of JCC Greater Boston Family Membership - a $2000 value - is included when you sign up for three or more days of Discovery Club!
From September 1, 2022 - August 31, 2023, enjoy all the benefits of Family Membership including the Fitness Center, Basketball and Tennis Courts, Indoor Track, Indoor Pool, group fitness classes, on-demand and live digital access, and exclusive pricing on Family & Children's Programming, Birthday Parties, JCC Camp Programs, and the Outdoor Pool.
- A $250 non-refundable deposit will be required upon registration in order to hold your spot.
- Discovery Club operates Monday-Friday from 3-6pm, September 6, 2022-June 16, 2023. The program opens at 12:30pm on early release days.
- Tuition includes enrichment options like weekly swim lessons (based on availability), Hebrew, tennis, science, chess, art, sports, music and much more. Karishim Swim Club is also available for a separate fee.
- Discounts are available for siblings, Early Learning Center families, and JCC Members. Discounts cannot be combined, one discount per child.
- The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) provides financial assistance to families who meet Massachusetts median income guidelines. For Discovery Club, the actual number of awards and the total amount given varies based on available funds, overall enrollment and the level of participant need.
Contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
Enrichment Programs & Activities
|Art||Farming with Newton Community Farm||Ninja/Parkour|
|Ceramics||Karishim Swim Club||Science|
|Chess||LEGO||Seasonal Sports & Active Games (Indoors & Outdoors)|
|Comics & Graphic Novels||Magic||Soccer|
|Computer Programming & Coding||Magic: The Gathering & Pokemon||Swim Lessons|
Discovery Club is committed to delivering a child-centered experience filled with special events, enrichment programming, swimming and more. These are just some examples of activities that may be part of your child's after school day.
Meet the Team
Liane Weber has been working at JCC Greater Boston since 2014. She has experience with elementary-aged children in outside-of-school environments for over 10 years and loves to create activities aimed at engaging students in enrichment, academic support, physical and social-emotional development learning objectives. She loves designing programs that create a warm and nurturing community of students, parents and teachers. She has her M.Ed. from Lesley University in Education and lives in Arlington with her family.
Meet the Team
Sarah has been working in after school programming since 2016, and has experience in traditional and nontraditional educational environments. She holds a B.S. in Criminology & Justice Studies from UMass Lowell and is currently pursuing a M.S. in Instructional Technology & Design from Quinnipiac University. She is passionate about creating programming and environments where everyone feels included and encouraged to grow and learn. In her downtime, you can find Sarah reading a book, petting as many dogs as she can, or relaxing by the beach.
Meet the Team
Liz has over 25 years of experience in Jewish education and language acquisition. She has served as Director of formal and informal education programs, and, most recently, Liz has been working with Hebrew College and local supplemental schools training and mentoring teachers on Project Based Learning. Liz attended college at McGill University where she was a History and Religious Studies major. She holds a Certificate in Jewish Informal Education, Leadership, & Camping from Hebrew College and a Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners from Cambridge University. Liz earned her MA in Religious Education from Hebrew Union College in 2014, where she focused on educational leadership.
(at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC)
333 Nahanton Street
Newton, MA 02459
We invite you to explore the spaces where all the fun and learning happens. Contact us to arrange an in-person or virtual tour.
We are licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.