Discovery Club is an active and engaging after-school program for children in grades K-5, conveniently located at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton.
Join this vibrant, welcoming community filled with enrichment programming, Jewish celebrations & values, learning and fun! Open to all.
This program is anticipated to fill quickly. Complete the Interest Form to receive priority registration for the 2021-2022 school year.
Curated for Your Child
- One-stop shop for expert-led enrichment activities and programs in arts, sciences and sports
- Swim and tennis lessons or Karishim Swim Club
- Virtual and in-person tutoring and homework support
- Indoor pool, basketball and tennis courts, indoor and outdoor playspaces
- Integrated Jewish values and holiday celebrations
- Special events and guest experts
- Social action projects around inclusivity, kindness and community
Committed to Your Family
- September 9, 2021 - June 17, 2022
- Open after school hours and early release days
- Transportation available from select schools
- Competitive pricing; financial assistance available
- Regular COVID surveillance testing
- Child-directed, play-based experiences and programming
- Social-emotional awareness and support
- Fun physical activity and outdoor play
- Healthy snacks
Sample Daily Schedule
|3-4pm (Open at 12:30pm on Early Release Days)|
Transportation will be provided by trusted local busing companies from select elementary schools in Newton and Needham based on availability and interest. We anticipate servicing the following schools:
- John Eliot
- Sunita L. Williams
- Memorial Spaulding
- Solomon Schechter
|Tuition (per month)||Transportation (optional)||Monthly Total||Discounts (per year)*|
A $200 non-refundable deposit will be required to hold your spot.
Discovery Club operates Mondy-Friday from 3-6pm, September 9, 2021-June 17, 2022. The program opens at 12:30pm on early release days which are available as an optional add-on for $36 per day.
Tuition includes certain optional lessons like weekly swim and tennis, as well as daily enrichment kids' choice activities and programs like science, chess, art, sports, music and much more. Other options like Karishim Swim Club and one-on-one customized tutoring are available for additional fees.
The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) provides modest financial assistance to families who meet Massachusetts median income guidelines. For Discovery Club, the actual number of awards and the total amount given varies based on available funds, overall enrollment and the level of participant need.
*Discounts are per year and available for siblings & JCC Members. Discounts can not be combined, one member discount per family.
Meet the Director
Liane Weber has been working at JCC Greater Boston since 2014 and has most recently led the remote-day learning support program, J All Day during the 2020-2021 school year. She has experience with elementary-aged children in outside-of-school environments for over 10 years and loves to create activities aimed at engaging students in enrichment, academic support, physical and social-emotional development learning objectives. She loves designing programs that create a warm and nurturing community of students, parents and teachers. She has her M.Ed. from Lesley University in Education and lives in Arlington with her family.
(at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC)
333 Nahanton Street
Newton, MA 02459
We invite you to explore the spaces where all the fun and learning happens. Contact us to arrange an in-person or virtual tour.
We are licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.