Everything You Need to Know
How to Pay for Camp
Payment is due in full or a payment plan must be in place by May 1. Payment should be made out to JCC Camp Kaleidoscope. Three easy ways to pay:
- Mail a check and/or the Payment Options Form to the Business Office at JCCGB, 333 Nahanton St., Newton, MA 02459
- Drop off a check and/or the Payment Options Form at the JCC Front Desk, in an envelope labeled Business Office
- Call the Business Office at 617 558-6450 between 8am and 2pm, M-F, to give them a credit card. Credit cards incur a 3% fee.
Camp Forms Should Be Filled Out Online
We are pleased to offer our secure online forms portal. All information will be saved in a secure location from year to year. It’s quick and easy for busy parents and guardians in mind. Forms are due May 1 or within 7 days of registration.
If you require paper forms, please contact the Camp office at email@example.com.
Forms are due by 5/1. Please contact the camp office if you have further questions.
Camp Information Sheet
To Bring to Camp
- Water Bottle (Labled)
- Extra Masks
- Ziplock baggies with your child’s name (for used and unused masks)
- Bathing Suit
- 2 Towels – one for swim; one for picnicking
- Swim Cap (All campers must bring a cap this summer for the indoor pool)
- Lunch (Dairy, Fish or Vegetarian) or Pre-Order Lunch through our Kosher caterer
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray
Please label all clothing, water bottles, bathing suits and towels with the first and last name of your camper. This helps us return any lost articles back to you.
Please check the weather forecast to make sure your child is prepared with the proper clothing each day. Secure footgear (like sneakers) is recommended, as sandals or flip-flops are not suitable for the camp day.
Order labels for your camp clothes, towels, and water bottles. Click here and use code "KALEIDOSCOPE" at checkout to receive a 10% discount. In addition, 15% of your purchase will go to the camp scholarship fund.
Lost and Found
Please label ALL items
- Please do NOT send any item of value (either sentimental or monetary).
- All electronics, including handheld items and cell phones, are not permitted at camp.
- All campers receive ice pops in the afternoon.
- All food supplied by the camp is Kosher and nut-free.
- Campers are welcome to bring a peanut-free snack from home if they wish.
Safety at Camp
Camp is staffed by a registered nurse (RN) and a physician on call. In case of an emergency, the local hospital is less than five miles away from JCC Greater Boston.
Camp Kaleidoscope is in compliance with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health policies and is inspected and licensed by the City of Newton Department of Public Health. As part of that relationship, we have been asked to share commonly asked questions about Meningococcal Disease.
Parents can request copies of background checks, health care, and discipline policies, as well as procedures for filing grievances.
- Children are outdoors for many activities during the camp day and should arrive with sunscreen already applied.
- Staff will make time for children to reapply sunscreen throughout the camp day.
- Hydration is very important. Please send a labeled water bottle every day. Staff will encourage children to refill bottles as needed.