We’re excited to have your child join us this summer at Specialty Camps! On this page, you’ll find forms you need to complete, as well as important information to help you prepare for a summer of fun and skill building.
Everything You Need To Know
Suggested Items to Bring to Camp
- Water Bottle
- Bathing Suit & Cap
- Lunch (Dairy or Vegetarian)
- Sunscreen & Bugspray
- Weather Apprioate Gear (Raincoat, Sweatshirt, etc)
- Hat (Optional)
- Snack (Optional)
You will receive more information two weeks before your child attends camp, including further details of what to bring, including specific sports equipment.
Swim camp participants are asked to also bring a competitive swimsuit, two towels, flip-flops, goggles, bathing cap, comfortable workout clothes and sneakers each day.
Lunch & Lunch Forms
Please send your child to camp with a kosher (vegetarian or dairy), peanut-free lunch in an insulated bag or container.
For an additional fee, campers can pre-order lunches (orders are due by May 1). You can find the lunch order forms below.
- Lunch Order - Weeks 1 and 2
- Lunch Order - Weeks 3 and 4
- Lunch Order - Weeks 5 and 6
- Lunch Order - Weeks 7 and 8
- Children are outdoors for many activities during the camp day and should arrive with sunscreen already applied.
- Staff will make time for children to reapply sunscreen throughout the camp day. Parents can also give permission for staff to help younger children apply sunscreen.
- Hydration is very important, and water is available for campers throughout the day. Staff will encourage children to stay hydrated and parents are asked to do the same.
Safety at Camp
Camp is staffed by a registered nurse (RN) and a physician on call. In case of an emergency, the local hospital is less than five miles away from JCC Greater Boston.
Specialty Camp is in compliance with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health policies and is inspected and licensed by the City of Newton Department of Public Health. As part of that relationship, we have been asked to share commonly asked questions about Meningococcal Disease.
Parents can request copies of background checks, health care and discipline policies, as well as procedures for filing grievances.