Located in Southern Maine, Camp Kingswood is a dynamic Jewish overnight camp that has provided life-changing summer experiences for almost 100 years. Girls and boys entering grades 3-11 enjoy an unforgettable summer filled with land and water sports, outdoor adventure, visual arts, performing arts and Jewish culture.
Kingswood is my home away from home every summer.
Campers Thrive In a Welcoming Jewish Community
Camp Kingswood is a second home where campers have fun, learn new skills, gain independence, make lifelong friends and build Jewish identity.
Kingswood is a diverse community. Campers and staff join us from a wide range of religious affiliations, ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. They come from countries around the world, including Canada, England, France, Israel, Mexico, Russia, Uruguay and the United States.
Jewish values are woven throughout camp life. However, no particular Jewish education or background is presumed or expected of campers or staff – and everyone, no matter what their beliefs, is welcome at Kingswood.
- 1:10 counselor to camper ratio within each bunk
- Single gender bunks organized by grade
- Land and water activities led by trained, adult activity specialists
- Flexible 2 week sessions, families can enroll for two to eight weeks, consecutively or as they choose
- Daily Red Cross swim instruction
- Kabbalat Shabbat every Friday
- Special Zohar program for special need campers that need a little something extra
- Busing to and from camp across Greater Boston
- Senior staff averages 20 years of camp experience