We’re so excited to have your child join us this summer at Camp Kaleidoscope! On this page, you’ll find forms you need to complete, as well as important information to help you prepare for a summer of fun, learning and creativity!
Everything You Need to Know
- Camper Profile (please include a photo or email it to email@example.com)
- Registration Form
- CIT Application
- Special Needs Form
- Boating Permission Form
- Bus Registration
- Early Drop-off and Extended Day Form
- Health Form, Camper Health and Release Form
- Health Form, Physician Form
- Health Form, Alert and Medication Authorization Form
- Electronic Funds Transfer Form (EFT)
- Financial Assistance Form
Arts Night Dates
- Summer 2019 Dates Coming Soon
Suggested Items to Bring to Camp
- Water Bottle
- Bathing Suit
- Swim Cap (Required for swim lessons)
- Lunch (Dairy or Vegetarian)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray
- Snacks (Optional)
- Hat (Optional)
Please label all clothing, water bottles, bathing suits and towels with the first and last name of your camper. This helps us return any lost articles back to you.
Please check the weather forecast to make sure your child is prepared with the proper clothing each day. Secure footgear (like sneakers) is recommended, as sandals or flip-flops are not suitable for the camp day.
Order labels for your camp clothes, towels and water bottles. Click here and use code "KALEIDOSCOPE" at checkout to receive a 10% discount. In addition, 15% of your purchase will go to the camp scholarship fund.
Lost and Found
The Lost and Found is located in the auditorium. Additional Lost and Found bins can be found in the gym and at the indoor and outdoor pools.
- Please do NOT send any item of value (either sentimental or monetary) as items do get lost.
- All electronics, including handheld items and cell phones, are not permitted at camp.
Please send your child to camp with a kosher (vegetarian or dairy), peanut-free lunch in an insulated bag or container.
For an additional fee, campers can pre-order lunches (orders are due by May 1). You can find the lunch order forms below.
- Lunch Order, Weeks 1 and 2
- Lunch Order, Weeks 3 and 4
- Lunch Order, Weeks 5 and 6
- Lunch Order, Weeks 7 and 8
We provide a healthy snack in the morning to children in Lower and Middle Camp (grades K-3). All campers recieve ice pops in the afternoon. All food supplied by camp is Kosher and nut-free.
- campers are welcome to bring a peanut-free snack from home if they wish.
Safety at Camp
Camp is staffed by a registered nurse (RN) and a physician on call. In case of an emergency, the local hospital is less than five miles away from JCC Greater Boston.
Camp Kaleidoscope is in compliance with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health policies and is inspected and licensed by the City of Newton Department of Public Health.
Parents can request copies of background checks, health care and discipline policies, as well as procedures for filing grievances.
- Children are outdoors for many activities during the camp day and should arrive with sunscreen already applied.
- Staff will make time for children to reapply throughout the camp day. Parents can also give permission for staff to help younger children apply sunscreen.
- Hydration is very important, and water is available for campers throughout the day. Staff will encourage children to stay hydrated and parents are asked to do the same.