May the lights of the holiday season illuminate warmth, compassion and peace for our families and our community.
Happy Chanukah from JCC Greater Boston!
Drop into our weekend playgroup for a special Chanukah-themed afternoon in a welcoming, energetic and fun environment. We'll have holiday stories...
The fifth night of Chanukah has become a great opportunity to give back to the community and honor those who are not thanked enough.
Here are our Top 5 ideas for giving back on this night.
- Thank a first responder. Bring a box of Joe or some healthy treats to the people who keep us safe.
- Look through your closets and find some warm items you no longer use to donate at a local facility- it will bring warmth during these cold days.
- Have a bird feeder- fill it up. Don't forget to feed the animals too!
- Is there a special teacher or friend who has made a difference in your life? Write them a personal note to let them know!
- While it can feel like there is an abundance of food this time of year, so many are experiencing hunger. Look through your pantry and donate some non-perishable items to your local food pantry.