We cannot wait to welcome you back to your JCC!
The Leventhal-Sidman JCC and George Schultz Fitness Center programs and services will look a bit different when you return. In addition to new health and safety protocols and procedures, you will notice new pathways and signs to keep you and our staff physically-spaced as you move through the building.
Frequently Asked Questions
What programs and services will be available upon re-opening?
While our attention the past few months has been focused on growing our virtual community, we are thrilled to once again begin offering our programs and services in-person!
- Cardio Deck and Strength Training: The George Schultz Fitness Center will open for general use by appointment only beginning July 27.
- Indoor Pool Lap Swim: Lap swim will be available to our members by appointment only beginning July 27. We have modified the pool lanes to accommodate social distancing requirements.
- Group Fitness Classes: Group Fitness will return with limited classes offered in-person in mid-August (details to come).
- Pilates: In-person, private sessions are now available for current clients by appointment only. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
- Personal Training: In-person, private sessions are now available for current clients by appointment only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Indoor Track: The indoor track will be available by registration only beginning July 27.
Will all people (including staff) be screened before entering JCC facilities?
- Yes, all members and staff will be screened by a staff person before entering any JCC facility. Each site has their own procedure, so please check in with your specific site about their protocols before arrival.
What is the check-in procedure when I arrive at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC?
- Every person, including staff, members and tenants, will be required to visit the check-in station, before entering the Leventhal-Sidman JCC each time they come to the building. All entrants will be asked a series of health questions relating to COVID symptoms and receive a touchless temperature check.
- Each person, including staff, members, and tenants, will also be required to sign a participation waiver the first time they enter the building as we re-open. Members and program participants will be provided with these waivers in advance so they can bring the completed document on their first visit.
Will everyone (including staff) be required to wear a mask in the building?
- Face coverings are required for everyone over age 2 while in the building at all times. Exempt are people who have trouble breathing or are unable to remove a face covering without assistance. Please note that alternative face covering protocols may be in place for children participating in specific JCC programs.
- Members will be expected to wear a face covering throughout the entire building, including while in the George Schultz Fitness Center and on the indoor pool deck.
- If you are not able to wear a face covering, please alert us before making your appointment so we can manage your health and safety needs, as well as those of our staff.
Will Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and sanitizer be available to members and users?
- Hand sanitizer stations and cleaning wipes have been set up throughout the building, particularly in high-traffic and common areas. Members are expected to follow their program-specific codes of conduct and clean used spaces and equipment as directed.
- Members should arrive at the building with their own masks.
Will there be a limited number of people allowed in the building?
- Yes. We will continue to follow state guidelines around program specific capacity, as well as the capacity for the entire building.
Can I bring a guest with me?
- At this time, due to program and space restrictions, members will not be allowed to bring guests into the building.
Will food service, water fountains, locker rooms and bathrooms be available?
- Food service, water fountains (except for touchless bottle fill stations) and locker rooms will not be available. Bathrooms in the main lobby and other select locations will be available and our hardworking cleaning crew will frequently sanitize public areas.
How many people can use the restrooms at a given time?
- At this time, we can accommodate no more than two people in any given restroom at a time.
Has the JCC increased its cleaning protocols? What cleaning supplies are being used in the building?
- When you arrive back at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC you will see increased sanitizer stations. It will be the shared responsibility of members and staff to wash and sanitize hands regularly while in the facility.
- In addition, you will see enhanced cleaning procedures, including deep cleaning of our machines and equipment and spaces at regular intervals throughout the day using EPA-registered disinfectants which are rated effective against the COVID-19 virus by the CDC.
- We will also be introducing electrostatic handheld and back-pack sprayers that efficiently attack microbes, providing triple the cleaning coverage in the same amount of time than traditional efforts.
What should I do with personal items like car keys and phone while I’m working out?
- Limit personal belongings and keep with you at all times.
- Keep personal belongings away from other members and staff.
- No lockers or storage will be available.
What is the procedure if I observe someone who appears to be ill?
- If you observe someone who appears to be or become ill while at the JCC, please report your observations to a JCC staff member right away. Please do not approach members or users. Members who fail to comply with the Member Code of Conduct may result in member’s immediate departure from the JCC facility.
Will there be a designated place for sick members or staff to go while waiting for medical attention?
- Members and staff who begin to feel ill while at the JCC should talk to a JCC Greater Boston staff member. They will be brought to a designated isolation room so that we may follow appropriate discharge protocols and ensure they are able to secure transportation. If they are found to test positive for COVID-19, they should reach out to the JCC so that we can begin our contact tracing and communications protocols.
Who needs to complete a waiver?
- All members must complete a waiver before entering the Leventhal-Sidman JCC for the first time. This only needs to be completed once. To access, sign in to your family profile. Click here for instructions. Printed waivers will also be available when you check-in for the first time.
What do I do with my belongings?
- We suggest you don’t bring more than keys, phone, water bottle and a towel. As the lockers are closed to minimize access to shared spaces, all items need to stay with you during your workout. Please note large bags are not allowed on the floor of the machines and we encourage you to store your items in a small string or hip bag.
Where do I wait for my time slot?
- We have an area in the basketball gym that allows for a comfortable and distanced walking area.
Can I slip my face covering off while doing cardio?
- No. Members are expected to wear a face covering throughout the entire building, including while in the George Schultz Fitness Center and on the indoor pool deck, and it must cover your nose and mouth completely.
Can I shower after my workout or swim?
- No, all locker rooms are closed to minimize access to shared spaces.
I can’t make my time slot, what should I do?
- You are able and encouraged to cancel your reservation using the Mindbody app or website if you can no longer use your time slot.
*Updated as of July 30, 2020