Last Updated: June 2, 2021
*Please check back often as these will be updated frequently*
Due to ongoing COVID protocols and restrictions, we have made some changes this year.
How many time slots will be available each day and how do I reserve a slot?
- Reservations for the timeslot and payment will be processed through Mindbody. Detailed instructions can be found here.
- You can find the hours and pod schedules here.
- Time slots will be open for reservation 2 days in advance.
- Time slots will be open for reservation at 5:30am and be available for booking until 11:30pm. Therefore, you can book your reservations between 5:30am-11:30pm.
- Example: Reserve your Saturday time slots starting at 5:30am the Thursday before.
- Reserve your Sunday time slots starting at 5:30am the Friday before.
- Please note, the Mindbody site is not available for bookings from 11:31pm until 5:29am.
- Outdoor Pool members will only be allowed to book 1 time slot per day.
- Typically there will be 4 different time slots per day on weekdays and 5 time slots per day on weekends (based on early, mid or late season schedules).
- If you need to cancel your reservation at the Outdoor Pool, you must do so within 24 hours in order to receive a credit to your Mindybody account.
- Various vending options are available during your time at the outdoor pool.
- You are welcome to pack your own kosher lunch, snacks and beverages.
- The JCafe will not be open this season.
Services and Fees
This season we are using a pay-as-you-go system. Individuals, couples and families, up to six people from the same family pod and on the JCC membership account, may sign up for one time slot on Mindbody per day. When you get to your seating area, please list all family pod members attending the time slot on the form provided for JCC record keeping and contact tracing. Reservations are required using the Mindbody website.
- Adults and Children Reservations
- Initial one-time access fee: JCC members: $150; Non-members: $250 (This fee is non-refundable.)
- Time slots:
- JCC members: Individuals $15, Couples $22, Families (up to six people) $25
- Non-members: Individuals $19, Couples $28, Families (up to six people) $31
- Outdoor Pool Session reservations are required using the Mindbody website.
- Early Morning Weekday Lap Swim
- Initial one-time access fee: JCC members: $75; Non-members: $125 (This fee is non-refundable.)
- Time slots:
- JCC members: Individuals $10
- Non-members: Individuals $14
By making a reservation at the Outdoor Pool, you are attesting that you and all of the members of your family pod are complying with the following statements:
- That myself and/or no one in my family pod has not experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days;
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- That I or no one in my family pod has been been in close contact (6 feet or closer for a cumulative total of 15 minutes) with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- I or my family pod can confirm that I/we have been abiding by the most current state travel regulations regarding travel during the pandemic.
- Reservations must be cancelled 24-hours prior to your timeslot to receive a credit to your Mindbody Outdoor Pool account. Reservations not cancelled within 24 hours will not be subject to a credit. If you are unable to secure your time slot for the Outdoor Pool, please check Mindbody for up-to-date availability.
- Caregivers may accompany families who identify and attest that they are from the same family pod and on the JCC Outdoor Pool membership account.
Swim Diapers and Vinyl Swim Pants for Children
- Swim diapers and waterproof vinyl swim pants are required for all children under 3.5 years of age, regardless of whether they are potty-trained. No exceptions will be made. For your convenience, these items are available for $2 each at the Outdoor Pool office.
- Private and group lessons are available only in the indoor pool by our LKSA Aquatics staff. For more information, contact the Aquatics Department at 617.558.6442.
Lost and Found
- The Outdoor Pool has a lost and found bin. We are not responsible for lost items. The items left in the bin will be donated bi-weekly. We will send out an email to all Outdoor Pool members one week prior to when donations will be made.
Membership Policies and Rules
- Our primary goal is to provide a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all Outdoor Pool members.
- Civil and courteous behavior is expected at all times. Abusive treatment by and to members or staff will not be tolerated and may result in the suspension or revocation of an Outdoor Pool membership.
The following policies, rules and state public health regulations will be strictly enforced. Please read them carefully. The lifeguard(s) on duty have the final say regarding pool policies and rules.
- All members of your family pod 18 years and older will be required to sign our JCC COVID Waiver and Code of Conduct before joining us at the Outdoor Pool this season.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your reservation time to check in.
- Please wear your face covering when entering and exiting the outdoor pool complex.
- Face coverings should not be worn while in the water.
- Only individuals listed on the reservation confirmation will be admitted. Such individuals must be from the same family pod and on the same JCC Outdoor Pool membership account. The individual who made the reservation must present a photo ID at check in. Guests are not allowed under any circumstances; no exceptions.
- Towel service will not be available this season.
Help Keep the Outdoor Pool Complex Clean
- Soap showers are required before entering the pool. This is a Massachusetts State Law.
- Clean bathing suits must be worn. Underwear, cut-off jeans/pants, and/or t-shirts are not allowed in the pool for health and safety reasons unless for religious purposes.
- Any person suffering from a fever, cough, cold, inflammation of the eyes, nasal and/or ear discharges, or any communicable disease is not allowed in the pool until they have healed.
- Any person with sores or other evidence of skin disease, or who is wearing a bandage or medical coverage of any kind, is not allowed to use the pool.
- Please don’t spit or in any other way contaminate the pool, pool deck, walkways, or changing rooms.
- No glass containers will be permitted in the pool area.
- No one shall bring or throw into the pool any object that may in any way carry contamination or endanger the safety of other swimmers.
- The pool may close for up to 24-hours following a fecal, vomit or blood contamination incident.
- No food is allowed within 8-ft of the pool.
- When the main pool or the kiddie pool must be closed in the event of a biological contamination, the pool deck, the lawn, and the uncontaminated pool will remain open to members. We will do our best to notify you via email for closures. Please encourage your children to take regular bathroom breaks to prevent such closures.
- A credit to your Mindbody Outdoor Pool account will be provided for contamination related closures.
Safe Pools Have Rules
- Please maintain 6-ft of social distancing from staff and members outside of your pod.
- Please follow all lifeguard directions. Lifeguards are responsible for the safety of all members..
- During thunder and lightning storms, the Outdoor Pool complex will be closed for 30-minutes including changing rooms. The pool will remain closed for 30-minutes after the last visible sign or sound of the storm. Members will be required to leave the outdoor pool complex until the outdoor pool reopens. A credit to your Mindbody Outdoor Pool account will be provided for weather related closures. Please check your email for weather related reservation cancelations.
- Adult-only swim time will be implemented during crowded conditions at a manager’s discretion.
- Horseplay or other unsafe behavior is prohibited.
- Running is not allowed on the pool deck.
- No jumping into the kiddie pool or the main pool (less than 3-ft deep) will be allowed. Diving is permitted in the designated area of the 9-ft section of the main pool.
- Food and gum are not allowed inside or within 8-ft of the main and kiddie pools. Kosher food is available for purchase through the vending machines. In keeping with the JCC’s kashrut policy, all food served at or brought into the JCC must be strictly kosher. Picnic lunches and dinners from home are welcome. However, we ask that you honor the JCC’s kashrut policy and bring only kosher dairy, pareve, or kosher meat products.
- No food deliveries to the Outdoor Pool are allowed. In consideration of our members with food and nut allergies, please dispose of all food wrappers and containers. Please wash your hands if you have had a peanut, nut or dairy snack.
- No nudity is allowed on the pool deck. Please use the changing rooms for all changing, showering, and diapering. The outdoor showers are for use by those entering the pool. No shampoo or undressing is allowed.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Any swimmer with hair shoulder-length or longer must wear a swim cap or have it tied back while in the pool. Please visit our Outdoor Pool desk for a hair elastic if needed. This keeps our pool clean and safer for you to swim.
Policies Regarding Children
- In order to swim in the pool without adult supervision, children must be 12-years of age or older. Children ages 12 and over do not need to take a swim test. Children under age12 who have passed the swim test may swim but will need adult supervision in the pool area. Children under 12-years old who have not passed the swim test must be accompanied in the water by an adult within arm’s reach of the child. This includes parents being in the water in the zero depth entry and kiddie pool with their child. Children (including infants and toddlers) MUST NOT be left unattended on deck while the parent swims. Minimum age admitted to the Outdoor Pool unattended by an adult is 16-years of age.
- Adult supervision is considered 18-years of age or older. Lifeguards are prepared to act or prevent an emergency; parents/guardians are the first line of defense for water safety.
- Swim diapers and waterproof vinyl swim pants are required for all children under 3.5 years of age, regardless of whether they are potty-trained. No exceptions will be made. For your convenience, these items are available for purchase at the Outdoor Pool office.
- Flotation devices, inflatable objects, lifejackets and life vests of any kind are not allowed.
- Children under age 12 must take a test in order to swim in the deep sections of the pool. Testing will be held according to staff availability. Children who pass will be given a color-coded bracelet that they must wear on their wrists for the 4-ft and 9-ft test. Parents may not bring a child into the 9-ft swim area to swim with them unless the child has passed the 9 ft test. If a child does not pass the test, they can retake the test on a different day.
- 4-ft Test:
- Front float for 10 seconds and back float for 30 seconds, 30 seconds treading water and able to swim one length of freestyle with over-water arm recovery in a strong manner OR
- Be in Level 7 (Gliders) for Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy (LKSA) or LKSA catch up stroke in a strong manner OR
- Be a former or current member of the Karishim Swim Team
- 9-ft Test:
- Front float for 10 seconds and back float for 30 seconds, 60 seconds treading water and able to swim two lengths of freestyle with over-water arm recovery in a strong manner OR
- Be in Level 8 (Flyers) for Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy (LKSA) or able to do the LKSA catch up stroke in a strong manner OR
- Be a former or current member of the Karishim Swim Team
- Lap Test:
- Children may take the lap swim test with the deck duty lifeguard or pool manager. The lap lane test consists of 10 lengths of continuous crawl stroke. If a child passes, he or she will be placed in a lane by a deck duty lifeguard or pool manager. They may not use the lap lanes during adult-only swim.
Work Experience Opportunities for Young Adults
- Looking for your first job? Join us to get trained as an American Red Cross Lifeguard or Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Instructor and be part of a fun and rewarding team. Click here for more details.