JCC Member & Visitor Code of Conduct
Updated March 10, 2022
This Code of Conduct applies to any individual visiting a JCC site who is not a staff member or a child in our ELC programs. All visitors and members must follow the applicable screening, distancing, PPE, hygiene, and cleaning guidelines expected at all JCC sites. Our code of conduct policy is designed to create a warm, welcoming and safe environment for all. In rare circumstances, a member may be in violation of our policies. See below for our process in the case of a violation.
Help us Keep our Facilities Healthy:
- Do not come to a JCC facility if you are feeling ill with COVID-19 related symptoms or have recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you begin to feel ill or exhibit symptoms while in the building, please go home.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are not vaccinated you must follow MA quarantine guidelines before returning the JCC.
- If you are vaccinated and have been exposed through close contact, we encourage you to consider being tested on day 5 after exposure to ensure you do not have an asymptomatic breakthrough case before returning the JCC.
- If you are COVID positive and have been at the JCC during the infectious period of your illness, please alert a staff member so we can conduct contact tracing.
Help us Maintain Social Distance:
- Continue to be thoughtful about physical distancing when appropriate.
- Utilize open equipment or space only; equipment or spaces marked “closed” are not available for use.
Wear Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Individuals that are not currently up-to-date with their vaccinations are recommended to wear a face covering. Masks are not required, but we remain a mask friendly organization.
Help us Maintain Good Hygiene:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you cannot wash your hands, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Stations have been placed around the facility for use.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Please leave personal fitness equipment at home, unless asked to bring for a specific class.
- Bring your own water bottle.
Help us Keep Clean:
- Wipe down equipment thoroughly after use/post working out.
- Inform a JCC staff member of any cleaning issues or concerns.
Help our Community Stay Safe and Healthy:
- Report any concerns or questions to a JCC staff member.
- Remain respectful to all those around you and follow all staff directions.
- Pay close attention to new JCC expectations that will be shared as CDC and state requirements and guidance change.
- Code of conduct and policy updates will be shared on our web site, via staff and member emails, and on signage throughout the building.
- Keep yourself informed about how the disease spreads and what can be done to do to prevent it in and outside of work: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
In the event of a policy violation:
We will work with the member through a Progressive Consequences policy:
- Violation 1: Verbal reminder of policy noting violation. This will be recorded in Member’s profile in JCC database system.
- Violation 2: Written reminder of policy noting this is the 2nd violation. This will be recorded in Member’s profile in JCC database system.
- Violation 3: Written notice of member suspension or termination. It is our ultimate duty to provide a healthy environment to our entire community. We will do our best to work with each member to ensure safety protocols are upheld.