Are you someone who loves making a lasting difference, bringing laughter and creating happy memories for children, all while working as part of a team of dedicated professionals? JCC Greater Boston, a non-profit community focused organization, seeks a dynamic, dedicated and creative Infant Room assistant teacher who loves children to be a critical part of our highly respected Newton early learning center. JCC Greater Boston is a leader in early childhood education and has 4 NAEYC accredited centers in the Greater Boston area based on developmentally appropriate practices. While united structurally and pedagogically, each school has a unique personality, shaped by the community needs and staff vision. This position will be full time with year-round or school year employment options.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes staff from diverse backgrounds. Our schools are guided by Jewish culture and values (which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish – kindness, service, and joy are examples of the values we live by). Our children also come from diverse backgrounds. If you are committed to the field of Early Childhood Education, value collegial and collaborative work environments, have familiarity with Jewish culture and philosophy, or are interested in growing in these areas, then we encourage you to apply.
JCC Early Learning Centers are places where Assistant Teachers are encouraged to bring their passion for children, creating wonderful memories while building character and providing valuable education. Our curriculum is characterized by understanding the unique needs of each child, co-creation with the children, building a vibrant classroom community and strong partnerships with the parents. Our educational framework, called Sheva (which is the Hebrew word for the number seven) outlines a vision of excellence in Jewish early childhood education, serving as a guidepost to position JCC early childhood centers of excellence in their communities, binding them together across the continent. Sheva: Resource Guide for Classroom Educators is an important guidepost for the work of the Educator.
Our Assistant Teachers are supported in their professionally development through 7 professional development days per year with fellow staff from our 4 learning centers as well as opportunities for specialized skill development.
JCC Assistant Teachers bring warmth, patience and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging our children to learn and grow. Assistant Teachers in our programs are committed to making our schools successful. They know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, other teachers and our leadership plays a critical role in our planning and provide impactful, joyful experiences which foster capable, happy children.
- Create a safe and nurturing environment where children can play, learn and take risks
- In partnership with Early Learning Center Directors and peers, co-create a collaborative, dynamic, positive, and innovative classroom culture.
- Work in partnership with JCC leadership and other departments to support JCC Greater Boston organizational goals and model JCC values
- Partner and communicate with families with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for the children
- Assist with curriculum design and implementation
- Adhere to all EEC regulations as well as NAEYC guidelines
- A love of children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- Strong organizational skills including teamwork, relationship building skills, the ability to multitask, the ability to manage situations effectively and diplomatically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and commitment to build strong relationships with families, co-workers, ELC leadership and JCCGB colleagues
- Commitment to create and foster a dynamic environment where play and learning are a top priority
- Able to use computer to communicate and, potentially, to teach on-line
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children’s futures, the JCC Greater Boston provides competitive exempt compensation packages for educators. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Discounted child care at Early Learning Centers
- Discounted camp tuition
- Generous sick time
- A free membership to the JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton – offering virtual and in person programs including indoor swimming, many fitness classes and workout facilities as well as discounts to many JCCGB events, classes, outdoor pool and more
- Engaging professional development opportunities including 7 development days per year
- Outstanding classroom environments, materials, and outdoor play and nature spaces
Additional benefits may apply based on the number of hours worked. These include vacations and holidays as well as eligibility for Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, DEEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and children.
Staff are required to wear masks both in and outside of their classrooms. Children ages 2 and older use masks both in classrooms and in public spaces (hallways, playground, etc.). Physical distancing is adhered to in classrooms and between classrooms. Class sizes are limited and classrooms maintain the same children and teachers every day. Children and staff are encouraged to hand wash often and sanitizer is readily available. Common materials and surfaces in our classrooms are disinfected throughout the day and smaller sets of popular materials are provided for individual use by the children. Additionally, we conduct a health screen for all students and staff prior to entering the classroom each day. This screening includes a questionnaire about symptoms and possible exposures as well as a temperature check.
The JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
If you have the qualifications described above and seek to be part of a dynamic, collaborative and child-oriented environment, please send your resume to Newtonfirstname.lastname@example.org.