JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families can access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. Serving more than 50,000 people each year, we engage more Jews and the people in their lives than almost every other Jewish institution in Boston combined.
Through their skills and actions, our lifeguards create a safe and welcoming place for community members. We are seeking new team members who possess high standards, a strong customer service orientation and punctuality.
Primary responsibilities include:
- ensures the safety of every pool patron through education, vigilant preventative guarding, first aid, emergency medical services, and rescue services
- enforces the rules and regulations of the indoor pool consistently
- maintains good working relationships with staff members, maintenance personnel, administrative personnel, and pool patrons.
- resolves member concerns in a professional manner or escalates them, as appropriate
- creates pool related documentation (e.g. opening/closing checklists, bather tracking and incident reports)
- able and willing to follow directions from supervisors and follow protocols
- maintains a safe and neat pool area; assist in pool maintenance by performing scheduled checks, cleaning and maintenance
- develops professional relationships with members
- conducts swim tests
All employees and swimmers will be required to complete a health screening upon arrival at the JCC Greater Boston. Lifeguards are required to use personal protective equipment, as specified, and support JCC Greater Boston’s safety protocols.
- be familiar with, and follow the pool schedule – including correctly configuring lane lines according to the schedule.
- attend all mandatory trainings and in-services
- support JCC goals and objectives
- learn all aspects of the indoor pool facility and its daily operations. For example, swim lessons, camp swim, etc.
- be familiar with ‘traffic flow’ in pool area and support social distancing procedures in the building
- participate in weekly skill checks
- serving as a member of the agency Fitness Staff with responsibilities, which, at times, extend beyond the limits of his/her specialized functions
- other activities as required by the organization
Current/valid American Red Cross Lifeguard certification, with CPR, AED and First Aid.
- Able to see, hear and cognitively recognize situations requiring lifeguarding services
- Capable of working in a high temperature and high humidity environment for extended periods while wearing required personal protective equipment
- Able to make safety related decisions and perform CPR and/or first aid, as required
- Read, write, understand and speak English
- Must maintain an appropriate level of fitness in order to competently perform all job related tasks including the ability to swim distances and dive to pool depths, as determined by testing/certification authorities, and to lift 150 pounds or heavier weights with assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
- Must be able to use a computer
Please contact Harrison Ross, HRoss@JCCGB.org with questions or to apply.