Updated June 2021
How we are keeping our families and staff safe:
We continue to follow the Standards for Camps provided by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health for our COVID policies. Based on the latest announcements and regulations, we are pleased to share our COVID related plans.
Mask Policy: All campers and staff will be required to wear masks while:
- On the bus to and from camp.
- At pick up and drop off.
- Whenever indoors- including when using the bathrooms and changing rooms.
- Campers and staff will not generally be required to wear a mask outdoors during the camp day (except during pick-up and drop-off) or unless they can’t adequately distance, especially while engaging in singing or yelling.
- We respect and support anyone’s choice to wear a mask even more than required, and staff will support this such that all feel comfortable no matter their decision.
- We ask that all campers wear a mask to camp, bring 2 extras, and bring a ziplock baggie (with their name on it) in which they will place their mask when they are not wearing it. Counselors for our younger campers will carry all baggies so that masks are available when needed.
- We will also have extra, disposable, masks throughout camp for use when needed.
Group Size and Mixing
- Bunk numbers will be up to 10 children in lower and middle camp, and 10-14 in upper camp.
- Hand sanitizer will be available around camp and staff will supervise its use. Campers will be encouraged to wash or sanitize hands frequently.
Food and Snacks
- Snacks and meals are brought from home or pre-ordered from our caterer. Catered lunches are single-serve and pre-packaged. Campers enjoy single-serve ice pops provided by camp. Parents may supply additional snacks or ice pops for their children. Please do not bring any items for birthday celebrations.
Activities and Performances
- Most activities will take place outside. Please send appropriate clothing for rainy days as we will most likely spend some time outdoors. Also send 2 towels daily – one for swimming and one for picnicking at lunchtime.
- We are sorry that visitors and spectators are not allowed at camp at this time. All camp performances will be videotaped and made available to camp families.
- We strongly encourage all staff and eligible campers to be vaccinated. We will ask for everyone’s vaccination status prior to camp.
- Although no longer mandated, Massachusetts guidelines still advise that screening is critical for camps. We will use the MyMedBot app for all campers and staff for daily attestation about health and activities. We hope this app will continue to reinforce all of our vigilance throughout this summer. More information on this app and its use will be sent closer to camp.
- We will continue to follow the Massachusetts guidelines regarding travel. Currently Massachusetts is under a travel advisory, not a mandate.
- We ask that families be open about travel and exposure in our daily screenings, and consider the safety of all when making decisions about travel and all other activities.
Surveillance Testing for COVID-19
- We are happy to share that we will be offering surveillance testing as part of health and safety efforts in our community! Testing is onsite and free.
- All campers and vaccinated staff are strongly encouraged (and unvaccinated staff required) to enroll in this free program.
- We expect camper testing to take place weekly.
- For more information, please go to Surveillance Program Testing FAQ's.
- To sign up, please complete the Consent Form for Families and then visit How to Download the Navica App for Families.
- If you have specific questions regarding the testing program, please contact Liane Weber, email@example.com for more details.