Update as of Wednesday, December 23, 2020
JCC Greater Boston is committed to doing our part to keep you safe and we will continue to navigate this global pandemic, together. In accordance with the City of Newton’s guidance, effective December 26, 2020, the George Schultz Fitness Center is open to members through our reservation system. As always, JCCGB+ is available to our community 24/7, and will be featuring an expanded lineup of great group fitness classes to support you during this time.
Currently Available Programs
|Group Fitness, Mind Body & Premium Fitness Programming||✓ All available on JCCGB+|
|Personal Training||✓ 1:1 training is available in person and on JCCGB+|
|Private Pilates & Private Yoga||✓ 1:1 training is available in person and on JCCGB+|
|Aquatics | Lap Swim||✓|
|Aquatics | Karishim Swim Club||✓|
|Aquatics | Masters Swim||✓|
|Aquatics | Swim Lessons||✓ (Will resume in January 9)|
|Appointment access to the George Schultz Fitness Center & track||✓|
Be sure to stay up-to-date on our building hours here.
JCC Greater Boston is steadfast in our pledge to go above and beyond for your safety.
We're proud of the increased health and safety protocols we have implemented and can't wait for you to see them. Visit our Arrival Checklist, FAQ's, Membership Code of Conduct and Health & Safety Guidelines for more information.
Know Before You Go
- Complete your waiver in your family profile. Click here for instructions. Printed waivers will also be available when you check-in for the first time.
- Make your reservation: Reservations will be available in 45-minute blocks and can be made 72 hours in advance. Reserve using the Mindbody website. Please note, each member can make up to two Mindbody reservations per day.
- Having trouble accessing the Mindbody app on your mobile device? Click here for instructions to make reservations on their website. If you are not immediately redirected to the Mindbody page, you may need to go to your browser settings and allow 'Cookies' to be accepted.
- If you need help with scheduling on the Mindbody app or website or securing a time slot over Shabbat, please email our concierge at email@example.com or call 617.558.6554.
At this time, we are not yet able to welcome back guests or pass holders.
Members are encouraged to bring their own exercise/yoga mats, blocks, straps or blankets. If you would like to purchase new equipment, we have partnered with Yogadirect® to provide a 10% discount off fitness equipment purchased through their website. To receive the discount, members should enter JCCGB in the Coupon/Gift Certificate field.
Looking for more?
Check out online programs for all ages and interests. Explore more at JCCGB+.
*Cloth masks should cover your nose and mouth, fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face, be secured with ties or ear loops, include multiple layers of fabric, allow for breathing without restriction, and be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
The Safest Place to Work Out
- Enhanced cleaning measures and regular deep cleaning
- Limited number of people allowed indoors at a time
- Plexiglass dividing screens in the George Schultz Fitness Center
- Assigned lanes at the indoor pool
- Enforced mask requirement, health screening and temperature checks*
- Physical distancing guidelines in place
- Spacious waiting area
Exceeding EPA Cleaning Protocols
- High-contact surfaces sanitized after every 45-minute reservation
- Pool deck/showers, gym equipment, railings and more
- Comprehensive cleaning protocols with EPA-registered virus killing disinfectants
- Facilities closed between 1-2pm for deep cleaning; building deep cleaned overnight
- Extended deep cleaning each Friday