There are lots of great reasons the JCC is known for swimming. Our year-round, indoor pool hosts the acclaimed Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy with classes for all ages and abilities.
You’ll also find plenty of opportunities to enjoy the indoor pool for fitness, fun and relaxation. Regularly scheduled lap times give adults a chance to swim at their own pace, while the whole family can take advantage of free swim times.
When summer rolls around, our beautiful outdoor pool is an oasis for family recreation and fun!
Take the Plunge at the JCC!
Indoor Pool Policies
1. Follow all lifeguard directions. They are responsible for the safety of all swimmers.
2. Showers are required before entering the pool. This is a Massachusetts State Law.
3. Swim caps must be worn. Caps are available for sale at our front desk and available on deck for borrowing.
4. Keep it fun. Horseplay or other unsafe behavior is prohibited.
5. Prolonged submersion and breath holding are prohibited.
6. No diving in the pool. Only program participants are allowed to dive under the supervision of JCC aquatics staff.
7. Bathing suits must be worn. Cut-off shorts or t-shirts are not allowed unless for religious purposes.
8. Lifejackets and inflatable floatation are not allowed.
9. Every child under 3 ½ years old must wear a swim diaper and a waterproof vinyl swim diaper under their bathing suit. Regular disposable diapers are not allowed.
10. People with open wounds, rashes or sores are not allowed to swim until they have healed. No bandages are allowed in the pool.
11. Food, gum and glass are not allowed on the pool deck or locker rooms.
12. No spitting in pool or on pool deck.
*In the event of an emergency you are required to clear the pool deck and follow all other instructions given to you by lifeguards or other JCC aquatics staff.
1. Swimmers of all ages are welcome to swim laps. Swimmers must be able to swim the full length of the pool continuously and without support.
2. If space is available, exercising, walking, and floating are permitted during Lap Swim.
3. Lap swimmers must share lanes if there is not an open lane. Circle swimming is required when 3+ swimmers are sharing a lane. To swim circles effectively, watch the centerline on the bottom of each lane and stay to the right.
4. Acknowledge and respect your fellow swimmers when you are sharing a lane.
1. For recreational, water fitness, and rehabilitation use.
2. Toys & noodles are available to use! In extreme cases, the lifeguards will minimize use depending on number of patrons.
3. All LKSA swim lesson equipment is for swim lessons only.
4. Children under the age of 12 who are unable to swim to complete the swim test must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
5. Swimmers who have passed the swim test and are under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult in the pool area.
6. There is limited space for open swim during swim lessons and birthday parties.
We have everything you need to meet your fitness goals in our brand new spaces - JCC membership includes a fully equipped fitness center, more than 80 group classes per week, indoor pool, indoor gy