There are lots of great reasons the JCC is known for swimming. Our year-round, indoor pool hosts the acclaimed Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy with classes for all ages and abilities.
You’ll also find plenty of opportunities to enjoy the indoor pool for fitness, fun and relaxation. Regularly scheduled lap times give adults a chance to swim at their own pace, while the whole family can take advantage of free swim times.
When summer rolls around, our beautiful outdoor pool is an oasis for family recreation and fun!
Take the Plunge at the JCC!
Indoor Pool Policies
• Follow all lifeguard directions. They are responsible for the safety of all swimmers.
• Swim caps must be worn. Caps are available for sale at our front desk.
• Prolonged submersion and breath-holding are prohibited.
• No diving in the pool. Only program participants are allowed to dive under the supervision of JCC aquatics staff.
• Bathing suits must be worn. Cut-off shorts or t-shirts are not allowed unless for religious purposes.
• Lifejackets and inflatable floatation devices are not allowed.
• Children under 3 ½ years old must wear a waterproof vinyl swim diaper under their bathing suit. Regular disposable diapers are not allowed.
• People with open wounds, rashes or sores are not allowed to swim until they have healed. No bandages are allowed in the pool.
• Food, gum, and glass are not allowed on the pool deck.
• No spitting in the pool or on the pool deck.
• Swimmers of all ages are welcome to swim laps. Swimmers must be able to swim the full length of the pool continuously and without support.
• Equipment from home is permitted during lap swim, but must remain in your direct control at all times or be on deck nx to the water when not being used. Sharing equipment is not permitted at this time. The JCC will not be able to provide equipment at this time. Permitted equipment is limited to: goggles, caps, fins/flippers, hand paddles, pull buoys, kickboards and snorkels. All other equipment requires written approval.
In order to swim in the pool without adult supervision children must be 12 years of age or older. Children under age 12 who have passed the swim test may swim, but will need adult supervision in the pool area. Children under 12 years old who have not passed the swim test must be accompanied in the water by an adult within arm’s reach of the child. Children (including infants and toddler) MUST NOT be left unattended on deck while the parent swims. Adult supervision is considered 18 years of age or older. Lifeguards are provided for safety should an emergency occur. Lifeguards will not supervise unsupervised children.
Work Out With Us
George Schultz Fitness Center, Indoor Pool and Indoor Track
Access schedules, cleaning protocols, available in-person programs including family offerings, George Schultz Fitness Center, indoor pool, indoor track, reservations and more.