The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston gives families a way to explore and create Jewish experiences at home – connecting to people they already know or by making new friends – creating memories together and exploring Jewish values as a family through fun, interactive games and activities.
What Is The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston?
The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston is an 6-session family-led Jewish program that supports parents in creating meaningful family time once per month, connecting families with children in grades K-3. Tribe families each bring unique perspectives and experiences to a shared space, informed by Jewish values and holidays. Each tribe offers Jewish games, insights, activities, resources, and crafts for families to customize in small groups at home.
Who is in The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston?
Tribes are made up of families who come together from JCC Greater Boston Camps, Early Learning Centers and other JCC Greater Boston programs. Tribes are created based on affinity, such as a bunk or unit at camp, classroom in an Early Learning Center, geography, language spoken at home or ages of children. Tribes meet once a month in homes of members and meetings are participant-led through a set curriculum that The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston provides. The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston is run by Camp Grossman Staff, they work with each Tribe to help create their community, identify a Family Leader, administer curriculum and serves as a mentor to the Tribes as they move through the program.
Participating Tribe members are diverse and self-identify as: "Just Jewish," Not Jewish, Culturally Jewish/Secular/Humanist, Jewish By Birth, Reform, Conservative, Orthodox, interfaith, first-generation, Russian-speaking, Israeli American, Jews of Color, LGBTQ, single-parent, differently-abled/special needs, low-income, middle-income, and affluent. The Tribe welcomes the participation of self-identifying Jewish families of all backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
When Does The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston Meet?
The 6-session family-led program runs from January- June 2020. Each session runs approximately 2 hours, with the time and date determined together by the members of the Tribes. Tribes meet once a month in homes of members or another community location, such as a park. Gatherings are cooperatively parent-led through a flexible, game-based curriculum that The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston provides. The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston is run by Camp Grossman Staff, they work with each Tribe to help place families, identify and support Family Leaders, and serve as a mentor to participating families.
What Is a Family Leader?
A Family Leader is one member of the group who takes responsibility for helping to organize and plan the Tribe meetings. This important role welcomes in new families, helps build consensus around meeting times and locations, and coordinates with Camp Grossman Staff. This role typically takes about two hours every month. No previous Jewish education or experience is required.
I Would Like To Sign Up, What Do I Do?
We are so excited for you to join us! Please register for The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston here. The cost is $36/family for the January - June session. Once you have registered, please fill out the Enrollment Form here. This will help us place you in the appropriate Tribe. If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.558.6529.
Register for The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston
- 6-session family-led program runs from January - June 2020.
- Tribes meet once a month in homes of members and meetings are participant-led through a set curriculum that The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston provides.
- Time, date and location are dependent on the Tribe members' availability.
- Cost is $36/family.
For questions and to learn more about The Tribe at JCC Greater Boston, contact email@example.com or call 617.558.6529.
Meet Our Staff
Leslie is the Director of Camp Grossman. She has been at Grossman since 2007 when she started as a Unit Head. In 2012, she was promoted to Assistant Director. In her first career, Leslie was a criminal defense trial attorney with The Legal Aid Society in Brooklyn, New York. She received a BA in Politics from Mt. Holyoke College and a JD from Boston College.
Discover More at JCC Greater Boston
Registration is Open for School Vacation Camp
December Break is almost full! Register today to secure your child's spot!
- Kids ages 5-15 get to select three electives each day (Options include sports, swimming, arts & crafts, dance, cooking, board games and more!)
- Kosher lunch is available for purchase
- Early Drop-Off and Extended day available
- Register for the full week or just one day, flexible schedule to fit your needs
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.558.6524.
- Sports: Our professional coaching staff lead interactive games, basketball, floor hockey and more.
- Dance Parties: Choose a dance style you like and get your groove on at your unique dance birthday party!
- Arts and Crafts: Get crafty and learn some new art skills at your own themed arts and crafts party!
- Super Soccer Stars: Get active with a soccer party from one of the areas leading sports programs.
- The Playspace: Spend time in the new playspace with beautiful, custom-designed equipment, engaging materials, a designated infant and toddler space, and much more.
- Movie Party: Bring your favorite movie, get cozy and enjoy popcorn while watching on the big screen!
- Swimming (indoor and outdoor pools)
JCC Greater Boston Camps
Camp Registration Is OPEN!
Families from more than 40 communities choose our camps for summer fun. Choose from day, overnight and specialized one-week camps in a nurturing Jewish environment.