Filter Your Search
10 Things that Make the JCC ELCs Different
- We understand families need options. You’ll find that we have designed our programs and hours to provide flexible enrollment options that work for today’s busy families.
- We are part of the JCC – and so are you. When you’re child is enrolled in a JCC ELC, you’ll be warmly welcomed into the larger JCC community of families with young children. You can choose to participate in our popular JCC Early Parenting Programs, plus fun-filled family events, holiday celebrations and activities throughout the year. Your child will enjoy exposure to enrichment activities, swimming (at some locations), music, theater and dance.
- We inspire a love of learning at every age. We find every opportunity to develop your child’s language, literacy and math skills with age-appropriate and fun activities. When the time for elementary school comes, your child will be ready.
- We see children as strong and capable learners. Your child’s interests and discoveries drive the classroom experience. Skilled educators will integrate and structure personalized learning opportunities based upon your child’s passions.
- We have the advantage of size. With four ELC locations, our directors and educators regularly share their knowledge and best practices across locations. Your child benefits from the collective wisdom of our outstanding staff, wherever you are enrolled.
- We integrate Jewish values and traditions into our curriculum. We explore the fullness of living in a multicultural world while celebrating our Jewish heritage through songs, holidays and festivals, blessings, stories, dance and exposure to the Hebrew language. There are no expectations or requirements of background, belief or practice. All are welcome.
- We have on-staff Child Development Specialists. Under the umbrella of our Ledgewood Child Development Program, our experienced specialists provide assessment, expertise and coaching. Your child will receive support when needed to build competency-based skills at all stages of development.
- We build social and emotional competency. Research shows that the development of prosocial skills is a key predictor of future success in school and life. JCC educators employ a curriculum approach called “Social Thinking” to help children learn to express their feelings, listen to others, take turns and develop friendships.
- We focus on healthy living. Your child will participate in “Discover: CATCH,” a world-class childhood wellness program that creates an early awareness of healthy nutritional habits and a love of physical activity. The program helps develop a lifelong commitment to wellness.
- We are NAEYC accredited. You can feel confident knowing we are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). This is the highest mark of quality in our field. We are also licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC).