JCC Greater Boston is searching for a warm, creative, and experienced early childhood leader to serve as the Director of the JCC Early Learning Center in Brookline, MA. The Center, one of four Centers run by the JCC, is a vibrant program of 5 classrooms, serves toddlers and preschoolers and has a strong, loyal parent community. This full time, full year position begins in June 2021.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes staff from diverse backgrounds. Our schools are guided by Jewish culture and values (which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish – kindness, service, and joy are examples of the values we live by). Our children also come from diverse backgrounds. If you are committed to the field of Early Childhood Education and value collegial, collaborative work environments, then we encourage you to apply.
Interested candidates should have strong leadership, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will possess a M.A. or B.A. in child development or a related field, a solid background in early care and education, and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as an early childhood center director. Knowledge of Judaic for early learners is a plus. An EEC Director I or II certification is necessary.
- Supervise 15 teaching staff
- Oversee all phases of daily operations
- Support JCCGB mission and goals
- Lead the program into the future with vision and energy
- Oversee professional development activities
- Administer and monitor all budget and enrollment operations
- Maintain parent relations and communication
- Market center to new families and maintain a desirable, engaging environment where children and families want to be
- Participate in the JCC ELC Director team
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children’s futures, JCC Greater Boston provides competitive exempt compensation packages for educators. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Eligibility for Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Generous vacations and holiday package
- Discounted child care at Early Learning Centers
- Discounted camp tuition
- Generous sick time
- A free membership to JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton – offering virtual and in person programs including indoor swimming, many fitness classes and workout facilities as well as discounts to many JCCGB events, classes, outdoor pool and more
- Engaging professional development opportunities including 7 development days per year
- Outstanding classroom environments and outdoor play space
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, DEEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and children.
Staff are required to wear masks both in and outside of their classrooms. Children ages 2 and older use masks both in classrooms and in public spaces (hallways, playground, etc.). Physical distancing is adhered to in classrooms and between classrooms. Class sizes are limited and classrooms maintain the same children and teachers every day. Children and staff are encouraged to hand wash often and sanitizer is readily available. Common materials and surfaces in our classrooms are disinfected throughout the day and smaller sets of popular materials are provided for individual use by the children. Additionally, we conduct a health screen for all students and staff prior to entering the classroom each day. This screening includes a questionnaire about symptoms and possible exposures as well as a temperature check.
JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
Please respond immediately by sending your resume and cover letter to: Janet Hanrahan Mills Consulting Group, Inc. email: email@example.com