Are you an enthusiastic, creative candidate with experience working with and a love of children? JCC Greater Boston (JCC) is seeking a self-motivated Program Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating both operational and programmatic elements of the dynamic Family Programming department. With the launch of our new Family Wing this fall, this is a very exciting time to join the team!
- Providing support to Discovery After School Club classrooms, greeting and escorting children ages 3-9 yrs to and from enrichment activities throughout the JCC building
- Supporting the Discovery Club Director with program development, coordination and implementation in the After School program
- Researching and coordinating children’s enrichment programming
- Supporting family events and programs with planning, logistics coordination and day-of presence
- Being a creative thought-partner in planning and executing successful programming in Discovery Club, Youth & Children’s Programming, Magic Ark, and supporting the needs of families
- Managing data entry and web content around classes and programs
- Working with program and class instructors coordinating trainings, logistics, and schedules
- Facilitating class and program registration for families
- Providing administrative support to the Head of Family Programming and the Family Programming Team
- Assisting with the operations and maintenance of the new Family Wing spaces at the JCC
- Managing records for children enrolled in Discovery After School Club
- Supporting Director of Discovery Club/Youth Specialist with daily operations and management of the After School program
- Other responsibilities and tasks, as assigned, as the team and programming evolve and grow
- 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor of Arts
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and process oriented; both focused and flexible
- Ability to work well in a busy, dynamic environment involving multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of children, families, instructors, educators, and co-workers
- Experience working with children in formal or informal settings preferred
- Experience working with database management, scheduling, programmatic work in event coordination and program development desirable
- Requires a combination of weekday, and occasional evening and weekend work
The Programming Coordinator reports to both the Head of Family Programming and the Director of Discovery Club/Youth Programs Specialist. The Family Programming is a growing and vibrant team and this is role offers many opportunities to have a significant impact.
Jewish Learning Adventures for Kids! Discovery Club engages kids in grades K-3 with interactive workshops that fuse their interests with Jewish content. With topics ranging from cooking to chess and drumming to farming, children are able to connect with Jewish values and culture through skill-building activities that nurture their specific interests.
JCC Greater Boston is dedicated to advancing the aspirations of families and individuals to enrich their lives, bodies and sprits, by providing the best in contemporary programs and experiences informed by Jewish values, for today’s Jews and the people in their lives.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.