Become an educator at the JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs)
The single most important aspect of quality in early childhood education is you - the classroom teacher.
When you join the ELCs, you are not just joining a single school - you are joining a community of nearly 100 learners and leaders all dedicated to best practices in early childhood learning in a community brought together by Jewish values.
The ELC educational philosophy embraces the educator as a professional and we:
- Provide relevant and ongoing professional development and coaching for teachers
- Create an environment where teachers are happy to come to work every day
- Seek teachers who bring a sense of wonder to their work with children
Benefits of working at the JCC
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for job relevant coursework
- JCC Greater Boston Family Membership
- Employee 403(b) plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Current job openings
We are always looking for qualified educators. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
For more information, contact the following ELC sites:
- Brookline/Brighton - 617.278.2950
- Hingham - 781.752.4000
- Newton - 617.558.6420
- Sharon - 781.795.4900
Current Open Positions
JCC Greater Boston is searching for a warm, creative, and experienced early childhood leader to serve as the Director of the JCC Early Learning Center in Hingham, MA located at Congregation Sha’aray Shalom. The Early Learning Center, one of four schools run by JCC Greater Boston, is a vibrant program of 4 classrooms, serves toddlers and preschoolers and has a strong, loyal parent community. This full time, full year position begins in June 2019.
Interested candidates should have strong leadership, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will possess a M.A. or B.A. in child development or a related field, a solid background in early care and education, and be an experienced leader in the ECE field. Knowledge of Judaic for early learners is a plus. An EEC Director I or II certification is necessary. The core responsibilities include:
The core responsibilities include:
- Supervise 12 teaching staff
- Oversee all phases of daily operations
- Lead the program into the future with vision and energy
- Oversee professional development activities
- Administer and monitor all budget and enrollment operations
- Maintain parent relations and communication
- Market center to new families and maintain a desirable, engaging environment where children and families want to be
- Participate in JCC ELC Director team and in supporting JCCGB mission and goals
The JCC Early Learning Centers offer an excellent salary and benefits package and a supportive work environment.
Please respond immediately by sending your resume and cover letter to: Janet Hanrahan, Mills Consulting Group, Inc. 191 Sudbury Road Suite 30 Concord, MA 01742. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 978-369-2001.
All ELC locations -- Brookline/Brighton, Hingham, Sharon and Newton
JCC Early Learning Centers Infant/Toddler/Preschool Full and Part Time Teaching and Substitute Positions
The JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs) are always seeking to fill full time infant (Newton only), toddler and preschool teaching positions as well as assistant and substitute teaching positions. Join a dynamic team of educators who have a love and passion for children, in a developmentally based, high quality program which provides a rich early learning experience based on Jewish values and traditions. All JCC ELCs are NAEYC accredited and open to all.
We are seeking dedicated, creative, energetic and nurturing individuals with a willingness to work with others in a team approach. Candidates should have EEC certification, or be willing to pursue certification immediately. In addition, all candidates should be comfortable working with peers and parents and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Education and experience are preferred. Competitive salary and benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com