Become an educator at the JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs)
The single most important aspect of quality in early childhood education is you - the classroom teacher.
When you join the ELCs, you are not just joining a single school - you are joining a community of nearly 100 learners and leaders all dedicated to best practices in early childhood learning in a community brought together by Jewish values.
The ELC educational philosophy embraces the educator as a professional and we:
- Provide relevant and ongoing professional development and coaching for teachers
- Create an environment where teachers are happy to come to work every day
- Seek teachers who bring a sense of wonder to their work with children
Benefits of working at the JCC
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for job relevant coursework
- JCC Greater Boston Family Membership
- Employee 403(b) plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Current job openings
We are always looking for qualified educators. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
For more information, contact the following ELC sites:
- Brookline/Brighton - 617.278.2950
- Hingham - 781.752.4000
- Newton - 617.558.6420
- Sharon - 781.795.4900
Current Open Positions
Administrative Assistant Godine Early Learning Center, Newton
The Godine Early Learning Center is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support to the preschool office. The school has 15 classrooms and is located at the Leventhal-Sidman Center in Newton.
The Administrative Assistant is part of the front office team and is the first contact for parents, prospective families, visitors and staff and helps the office remain extremely organized and responsive throughout the busy flow of the day. As an employee of JCC Greater Boston, the Administrative Assistant works closely with both the Associate Directors Team, and is a representative of the JCC and of the mission and philosophy of the JCC Early Learning Center.
This is a full time position, Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm.
This position requires five or more years of experience in a busy office setting; school preferred. Excellent writing and organizational skills and an ability to multitask are required. The person in this position must be comfortable working with people, provide excellent customer service, maintain a positive, warm and welcoming presence, and demonstrate the highest level of responsiveness to parent and staff requests.
The Administrative Assistant will assist with daily office tasks including:
- First contact for callers; meet and greet parents, any visitors/authorized caregivers to the school.
- Filing and other administrative duties
- Data entry( maintaining and tracking of school lists and attendance)
- Maintain positive presence in the office and monitor school security and safety in the afternoons.
- Answer phone, relay messages and monitor front entrance to school.
- Respond to teacher and parent requests for help or assistance.
- Provide assistance Administrator Manager and Associate Directors as needed.
- Assist with office tasks as needed
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and the internet is required.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish Educator - Newton
The Godine Early Learning Center is looking to hire a full time Jewish Educator. The Educator works closely with the Godine directors, educators and staff to enhance the Judaic presence within the center. The Educator will infuse practices that make values visible, and plan and implement Judaic learning experiences for families that align with our goals, values and our constructivist educational philosophy. The Jewish Educator embodies, models, and initiates a sense of Jewish curiosity, engagement, joy and learning that benefits ELC families, children, and staff to help us on our goal to make Jewish values visible in all that we do.
- Work in close collaboration with Godine center directors and educators to incorporate Judaic values into all curricula content.
- Demonstrate leadership on how best to infuse a spirit of ruach into the school, and respond to needs of all families as well as our educational staff.
- Think beyond traditional celebrations and ritual objects to unpack the meaning and values behind the Jewish holidays and ongoing curriculum.
- Guide and nurture Jewish family life, holidays, and lifecycle events.
- Convey a joyful approach to Jewish learning and embody JCC mission and goals in all that you do.
Interested candidates must have a B.A. or more required in early childhood education and/or Judaic studies. The school enrolls a pluralistic population, with about 40% Israeli families. Ideal candidate will have experience working within a similarly diverse environment. At least 2 years’ experience planning and leading programs, working with young children, and/or experience with experiential and interactive teaching. Familiarity and comfort with emergent or Reggio-Inspired curriculum a must. Comfort and experience speaking to groups and providing trainings.
Demonstrates qualities of ruach (spirit) and leadership. Having traveled to or lived in Israel a plus. Hebrew speaking strongly desired.
This position is full time. Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Early Childhood Educators - Newton
Our Educators bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging our children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using a Reggio Emilia approach while incorporating Jewish values and traditions. Our Educators are committed to making our school successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and our team play a crucial role in that success.
When you join our team as an Educator, you will:
- Design & implement curriculum driven by our children in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play, learn, and take risks.
- Partner and communicate with families, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, children, and educator teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning is our top priority.
- Outstanding communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- EEC certification (or willingness to start the track to certification)
- 1+ year Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All ELC locations -- Brookline/Brighton, Hingham, Sharon and Newton
JCC Early Learning Centers Infant/Toddler/Preschool Full and Part Time Teaching and Substitute Positions
The JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs) are always seeking to fill full time infant (Newton only), toddler and preschool teaching positions as well as assistant and substitute teaching positions. Join a dynamic team of educators who have a love and passion for children, in a developmentally based, high quality program which provides a rich early learning experience based on Jewish values and traditions. All JCC ELCs are NAEYC accredited and open to all.
We are seeking dedicated, creative, energetic and nurturing individuals with a willingness to work with others in a team approach. Candidates should have EEC certification, or be willing to pursue certification immediately. In addition, all candidates should be comfortable working with peers and parents and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Education and experience are preferred. Competitive salary and benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com