Become an educator at the JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs)
The single most important aspect of quality in early childhood education is you - the classroom teacher.
When you join the ELCs, you are not just joining a single school - you are joining a community of nearly 100 learners and leaders all dedicated to best practices in early childhood learning in a community brought together by Jewish values.
The ELC educational philosophy embraces the educator as a professional and we:
- Provide relevant and ongoing professional development and coaching for teachers
- Create an environment where teachers are happy to come to work every day
- Seek teachers who bring a sense of wonder to their work with children
Benefits of working at the JCC
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for job relevant coursework
- JCC Greater Boston Family Membership
- Employee 403(b) plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Current job openings
We are always looking for qualified educators. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
For more information, contact the following ELC sites:
- Brookline/Brighton - 617.278.2950
- Hingham - 781.752.4000
- Newton - 617.558.6420
- Sharon - 781.795.4900
Current Open Positions
Early Childhood Educators - Newton
Our Educators bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging our children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using a Reggio Emilia approach while incorporating Jewish values and traditions. Our Educators are committed to making our school successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and our team play a crucial role in that success.
When you join our team as an Educator, you will:
- Design & implement curriculum driven by our children in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play, learn, and take risks.
- Partner and communicate with families, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, children, and educator teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning is our top priority.
- Outstanding communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- EEC certification (or willingness to start the track to certification)
- 1+ year Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All ELC locations -- Brookline/Brighton, Hingham, Sharon and Newton
JCC Early Learning Centers Infant/Toddler/Preschool Full and Part Time Teaching and Substitute Positions
The JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs) are always seeking to fill full time infant (Newton only), toddler and preschool teaching positions as well as assistant and substitute teaching positions. Join a dynamic team of educators who have a love and passion for children, in a developmentally based, high quality program which provides a rich early learning experience based on Jewish values and traditions. All JCC ELCs are NAEYC accredited and open to all.
We are seeking dedicated, creative, energetic and nurturing individuals with a willingness to work with others in a team approach. Candidates should have EEC certification, or be willing to pursue certification immediately. In addition, all candidates should be comfortable working with peers and parents and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Education and experience are preferred. Competitive salary and benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com