Become an educator at the JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs)
The single most important aspect of quality in early childhood education is you - the classroom teacher.
When you join the ELCs, you are not just joining a single school - you are joining a community of nearly 100 learners and leaders all dedicated to best practices in early childhood learning in a community brought together by Jewish values.
The ELC educational philosophy embraces the educator as a professional and we:
- Provide relevant and ongoing professional development and coaching for teachers
- Create an environment where teachers are happy to come to work every day
- Seek teachers who bring a sense of wonder to their work with children
Benefits of working at the JCC
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for job relevant coursework
- JCC Greater Boston Family Membership
- Employee 403(b) plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Current job openings
We are always looking for qualified educators. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
For more information, contact the following ELC sites:
- Brookline/Brighton - 617.278.2950
- Hingham - 781.752.4000
- Newton - 617.558.6420
- Sharon - 781.795.4900
Current Open Positions
Godine Early Learning Center Receptionist - Newton
The Receptionist provides day-to-day administrative support to the front office of the early learning center. The Receptionist is the first contact for parents, visitors and staff and helps the office remain organized and responsive. As an employee of the JCCGB, the receptionist is a representative of the JCCGB and of the mission and philosophy of the JCC Early Learning Centers (attached).
Essential Functions and Responsibility:
- First contact for callers; meet and greet parents, any visitors/authorized caregivers to the school.
- Maintain positive presence in the office and monitor school security and safety in the afternoons.
- Answer phone, monitor walkie-talkie, relay messages and monitor front entrance to school.
- Respond to teacher and parent requests for help or assistance.
- Assist Manager, Outreach and Operations, Co- Directors and Enrollment Coordinator as needed.
- Assist with office tasks as needed
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
Education: High school degree or equivalent.
Experience: Familiarity with computer, email and word-processing is required. At least one year of job experience and references are required. Experience with early childhood, school and/or Jewish settings is desirable.
Skills/Knowledge: Demonstrated ability to work well with people and to remain discreet, composed and professional. Pleasant manner with people in person and on the phone. Understanding of basic filing concepts and organizational skills and willingness to master our phone and computer systems. Detail oriented and flexible. Must enjoy working with both adults and children
Working Conditions: Fast paced. Occasional light lifting of office supplies or boxes. Physical ability to work at a keyboard.
Training Needed: Will need to learn how to use the database system (GAN). Will need to become completely familiar with the operation of the phone system and office equipment as well as with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel. Will need to learn basic emergency procedures and licensing information as it relates to safety and security.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Curriculum Coordinator, Infants and Toddlers - Newton
The JCC Early Learning Centers strive to nurture children, embrace families, mentor teachers and create a caring and vibrant Jewish community. We recognize each child’s unique and special abilities and encourage appreciation and acceptance of all. We develop a warm, nurturing relationship with children and their families, which is how we show them that we care deeply about them.
The Curriculum Coordinator of the Godine JCC Early Learning Center ( Newton) is a key member of the ELC management team and a key member of the ELC team. The Coordinator must be able to oversee all phases of school operations as the back-up administrator of early childhood care and education for nearly 180 children enrolled on a daily or part-week schedule on a full or school year basis.
The Curriculum Coordinator has a lead role in a team that includes two Co-Directors, two Curriculum Coordinators, two Child Development Specialists, and 16 preschool classroom educators. Along with the Co-Directors, it is his/her responsibility to ensure that educational foundation of the program is cohesive, that the teaching staff has shared goals and understandings, and promotes a consistent philosophical approach to educational practice, customer service, and professional collaboration. The Curriculum Coordinator must be committed to building and supporting relationships in the context of positive and forward thinking interactions throughout the Early Learning Center community.
Infant/Toddler or Preschool and Director I certification with the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care
- Must be an excellent communicator, both written and oral, and demonstrate this in work with parents, teachers and colleagues in a manner that inspires and supports collaboration.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with the ELC directors
- Must be able to juggle many, sometimes competing, priorities including teaching in a classroom, providing feedback to staff and/or parents in a timely manner and being available and present to staff and families.
- Must be interested in ongoing learning, especially in the areas of Judaic curriculum and best practices in early childhood education and development.
- Must maintain current first-aid and CPR certifications.
Represent the mission and values of the JCC Early Learning Center to parents, staff and those who inquire
All ELC locations -- Brookline/Brighton, Hingham, Sharon and Newton
JCC Early Learning Centers Infant/Toddler/Preschool Full and Part Time Teaching and Substitute Positions
The JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs) are always seeking to fill full time infant (Newton only), toddler and preschool teaching positions as well as assistant and substitute teaching positions. Join a dynamic team of educators who have a love and passion for children, in a developmentally based, high quality program which provides a rich early learning experience based on Jewish values and traditions. All JCC ELCs are NAEYC accredited and open to all.
We are seeking dedicated, creative, energetic and nurturing individuals with a willingness to work with others in a team approach. Candidates should have EEC certification, or be willing to pursue certification immediately. In addition, all candidates should be comfortable working with peers and parents and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Education and experience are preferred. Competitive salary and benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org