Become an educator at the JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs)
The single most important aspect of quality in early childhood education is you - the classroom teacher.
When you join the ELCs, you are not just joining a single school - you are joining a community of nearly 100 learners and leaders all dedicated to best practices in early childhood learning in a community brought together by Jewish values.
The ELC educational philosophy embraces the educator as a professional and we:
- Provide relevant and ongoing professional development and coaching for teachers
- Create an environment where teachers are happy to come to work every day
- Seek teachers who bring a sense of wonder to their work with children
Benefits of working at the JCC
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for job relevant coursework
- JCC Greater Boston Family Membership
- Employee 403(b) plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Current job openings
We are always looking for qualified educators. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
For more information, contact the following ELC sites:
- Brookline/Brighton - 617.278.2950
- Hingham - 781.752.4000
- Newton - 617.558.6420
- Sharon - 781.795.4900
Current Open Positions
JCC Greater Boston is searching for a warm, creative, and experienced early childhood leader to serve as the Director of the JCC Early Learning Center in Hingham, MA located at Congregation Sha’aray Shalom. The Early Learning Center, one of four schools run by JCC Greater Boston, is a vibrant program of 4 classrooms, serves toddlers and preschoolers and has a strong, loyal parent community. This full time, full year position begins in June 2019.
Interested candidates should have strong leadership, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will possess a M.A. or B.A. in child development or a related field, a solid background in early care and education, and be an experienced leader in the ECE field. Knowledge of Judaic for early learners is a plus. An EEC Director I or II certification is necessary. The core responsibilities include:
The core responsibilities include:
- Supervise 12 teaching staff
- Oversee all phases of daily operations
- Lead the program into the future with vision and energy
- Oversee professional development activities
- Administer and monitor all budget and enrollment operations
- Maintain parent relations and communication
- Market center to new families and maintain a desirable, engaging environment where children and families want to be
- Participate in JCC ELC Director team and in supporting JCCGB mission and goals
The JCC Early Learning Centers offer an excellent salary and benefits package and a supportive work environment.
Please respond immediately by sending your resume and cover letter to: Janet Hanrahan, Mills Consulting Group, Inc. 191 Sudbury Road Suite 30 Concord, MA 01742. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 978-369-2001.
Curriculum Coordinator, Infants and Toddlers - Newton
The JCC Early Learning Centers strive to nurture children, embrace families, mentor teachers and create a caring and vibrant Jewish community. We recognize each child’s unique and special abilities and encourage appreciation and acceptance of all. We develop a warm, nurturing relationship with children and their families, which is how we show them that we care deeply about them.
The Curriculum Coordinator of the Godine JCC Early Learning Center ( Newton) is a key member of the ELC management team and a key member of the ELC team. The Coordinator must be able to oversee all phases of school operations as the back-up administrator of early childhood care and education for nearly 180 children enrolled on a daily or part-week schedule on a full or school year basis.
The Curriculum Coordinator has a lead role in a team that includes two Co-Directors, two Curriculum Coordinators, two Child Development Specialists, and 16 preschool classroom educators. Along with the Co-Directors, it is his/her responsibility to ensure that educational foundation of the program is cohesive, that the teaching staff has shared goals and understandings, and promotes a consistent philosophical approach to educational practice, customer service, and professional collaboration. The Curriculum Coordinator must be committed to building and supporting relationships in the context of positive and forward thinking interactions throughout the Early Learning Center community.
Infant/Toddler or Preschool and Director I certification with the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care
- Must be an excellent communicator, both written and oral, and demonstrate this in work with parents, teachers and colleagues in a manner that inspires and supports collaboration.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with the ELC directors
- Must be able to juggle many, sometimes competing, priorities including teaching in a classroom, providing feedback to staff and/or parents in a timely manner and being available and present to staff and families.
- Must be interested in ongoing learning, especially in the areas of Judaic curriculum and best practices in early childhood education and development.
- Must maintain current first-aid and CPR certifications.
Represent the mission and values of the JCC Early Learning Center to parents, staff and those who inquire
All ELC locations -- Brookline/Brighton, Hingham, Sharon and Newton
JCC Early Learning Centers Infant/Toddler/Preschool Full and Part Time Teaching and Substitute Positions
The JCC Early Learning Centers (ELCs) are always seeking to fill full time infant (Newton only), toddler and preschool teaching positions as well as assistant and substitute teaching positions. Join a dynamic team of educators who have a love and passion for children, in a developmentally based, high quality program which provides a rich early learning experience based on Jewish values and traditions. All JCC ELCs are NAEYC accredited and open to all.
We are seeking dedicated, creative, energetic and nurturing individuals with a willingness to work with others in a team approach. Candidates should have EEC certification, or be willing to pursue certification immediately. In addition, all candidates should be comfortable working with peers and parents and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Education and experience are preferred. Competitive salary and benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com