JCC Greater Boston
Account Director, Marketing
Reports to: Assistant Vice President, Marketing
Background: JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families can access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. Serving more than 50,000 people each year, we engage more Jews and the people in their lives than almost every other Jewish institution in Boston combined. We offer the opportunity to make a lasting impact while working in a fast-paced mission-driven culture. JCC Greater Boston employees are eligible for competitive benefits and discounts to many of our programs and services.
Position Summary: Do you want to take the lead in attracting thousands of children (and their families) to experience the summer of a lifetime at camp? Are you interested in supporting the launch of a new experiential Jewish learning program? Reporting to the AVP of Marketing, the Account Director is responsible for creating, executing, and analyzing strategic, innovative marketing and communications plans to support JCC Greater Boston’s Youth programs. The Account Director will oversee marketing for JCC Greater Boston’s camps, youth classes (including Discovery Club), and the JCC Boston Diller Teen Fellowship.
In direct partnership with program leadership and their teams, this individual will proactively create and implement solutions to raise awareness of JCC Greater Boston services while helping to refine and build new capacities in digital, social media, PR and brand marketing. In this highly strategic and hands-on role, this entrepreneurial self-starter will have the proven ability to deliver strategy and tactics on time, on budget and on goal while demonstrating highly developed writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Create, execute and manage strategic, innovative marketing plans to support assigned strategic business units (SBUs)
- Collaborate with internal marketing teams (online, creative, etc.) to assure smooth and timely execution and management of marketing programs
- Evaluate, assess and refine marketing activities and programs to assure continued high quality and effectiveness of our efforts, and constituents’ receptivity to our initiatives
- Manage budgets in a proactive, responsible manner
- Support the AVP of Marketing in various strategic initiatives, including new service development and cross-organizational efforts
- In partnership with the AVP of Marketing, ensure that all marketplace communication aligns with JCC Greater Boston’s new brand positioning to deliver differentiation across target audiences and support business goals
- Supervise at least one direct report
- Create impactful and engaging presentations to educate and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to influence and manage change
- Provide strategic direction and feedback to designers on print and online collateral
- Other duties as required by business needs
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Experienced (6-8 years) in developing and executing on- and offline marketing programs that engage key constituencies with organizations’ products and/or services
- Proven marketing communications and production experience (PR, collateral development, etc.)
- Team player with demonstrated success building positive relationships and establishing credibility across all levels of an organization
- Minimum BA/BS degree, graduate degree a plus
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the mission of JCC Greater Boston
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work independently and collaboratively across the organization with a variety of stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop positive relationships within and outside the organization
- Highly developed written communication skills (copywriting, editing, and online writing)
- Experience working productively with creative teams
- Ability to develop innovative campaigns and tactics, and to quantify results
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and project management skills
- Strong-to-expert knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to articulate concepts and strategies effectively and persuasively
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically while embracing a “roll-up-your- sleeves” workstyle
- Dedicated team player
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, manage a variety of projects and meet multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of Constant Contact a plus
- Familiarity with the Greater Boston Jewish community a plus
Competitive salary and benefits. Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Human Resources Specialist
JCC Greater Boston has a great opportunity for an HR Generalist to make a difference in further developing our organization. JCC Greater Boston provides high quality educational, fitness, cultural and social programs. Responsibilities include:
- Full Cycle Talent Management:
- Recruiting, interviewing and recommending applicants for open positions
- Onboarding of new employees
- Conducting exit interviews
- Administration of the compensation and performance management programs and systems
- Advising managers on employee relations situations and assist with fostering positive employee relations to meet organizational objectives
- Monitoring training needs to assist with employee development and health and safety programs
- Identifying opportunities for developing new or revised human resources policies and procedures
- Developing and implementing programs using based upon our organizational goals and objectives
- Performing other duties as assigned
Interested candidates must have 3-5 years of related HR Generalist experience, exceptional communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience. Proven experience and success in recruitment, program development, training, and performance management. Current knowledge of MA and federal employment laws. Candidates must also possess effective multi-tasking skills and be detail-oriented, adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Microsoft Office Suites proficiency is required.
Please submit your cover letter and salary requirements with your resume to Lbrenner@telamonins.com.
Customer Service Representative – Part Time
Seeking a Member Relations Customer Service Representative at JCC Greater Boston in Newton, MA. Responsible for welcoming and directing all members and guests who enter the JCC, answering and directing telephone inquiries, registering members and guests for classes, navigating the membership database with proficiency, providing information to prospective members and representing the JCC while maintaining the JCC’s highest standards of customer service. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills including excellent phone etiquette, and be able to interact with staff and the community at large. They must have superior problem-solving skills as well as computer competency. Bachelors degree a plus. This is a part time position, 15-20 hours per week. Candidates must be willing to work shifts covering the operational hours of the center including early morning, evenings and weekends and must have reliable transportation.
Please email resume and availability to email@example.com or mail to Tim Cornely, Member Relations Director, JCC Greater Boston, 333 Nahanton Street, Newton, MA 02459. No phone calls, please.
JCafe Assistant/Cashier- Part-time
25 hours/week Early March start date
The JCC Greater Boston is looking for a reliable, efficient and courteous person who will perform cashier duties at the JCafe at the Leventhal-Sidman Center. Excellent customer service skills required. Cashier hours: Monday and Wednesday 11:15am-6:15pm and Friday 11:15am- 4:15 pm. In addition, 6 hours per week (schedule flexible) to perform back office ordering and receiving of paper goods and various snacks and beverages. Responsible for keeping inventory and stocking food and beverage display cases for items purchased at the JCafe.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
JCafe Cashier – Part-time
19 hours/week Early March start date
The JCC Greater Boston is looking for a reliable, efficient and courteous person who will perform cashier duties at the JCafe at the Leventhal-Sidman Center. Excellent customer service skills required. Cashier hours: Tuesday, and Thursday 11:15am-6:15pm and Sunday 11:15am-4:15 pm.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Age Group Coach, Karishim Aquatics Swim Club (KASC)
Karishim Aquatics Swim Club (KASC), a competitive swimming club in Newton, MA (greater Boston area), is currently accepting applications for the position of Age Group Coach. We are looking for a coach who is a dynamic team player and is excited to help KASC continue its growth in both size and achievement. KASC swimmers have experienced steady improvement over the past ten years in both the highly competitive New England USA Swimming league and the less competitive JCC league. Our 130 athletes experience competitive success and personal, emotional growth because our coaching staff believes that prioritizing team building and growth mindset makes the happiest (and fastest) athletes.
- Age Group Coach (reports to Head Coach)
- Plan, schedule and lead group practices which incorporate the USRPT training method
- Submit all written practices to Head Coach at beginning of each week during training phase of employment
- Coach and assist at both USA and JCC swim meets
- Attend all coach’s meetings (approximately 4-5 per year)
- Assist Head Coach in drafting/dispersing information pertaining to your swimmers
- Potentially help determine swimmers’ events for meet entries
- Starting salary will be in the range of $20 per hour. Potential to make $50 per hour teaching private lessons for swimmers on the team and/or other participants in our swim setting
- Preferred start date will be August 2017
Applicant Coaches must:
- Be USA Swimming certified or be willing and able to become USA Swimming certified within the first 30 days of employment
- Be excited to incorporate the USRPT training method into their daily practices
- Be professional, enthusiastic and POSITIVE people who exhibit effective teaching/communication skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing their education, in the sport of swimming and coaching
Applicant Coaches may (but not must):
- Be ASCA certified
- Have prior competing and/or coaching experience in swimming or any sport
- Be knowledgeable of stroke/skill technique, season/workout planning and dryland training/technique
To apply, submit a letter of application, résumé and at least 3 professional references to Head Coach Adrian Eagles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indoor pool swim class supervisor
We are looking for someone with an outgoing personality who can provide excellent customer service. You must be able to develop personal working relationships with members and be able to help and resolve member issues and concerns as well as check-in swim lesson participants. Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and comfortable speaking to parents and children.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Initiate warm and friendly welcome to all clients entering the pool facility.
- Be helpful, considerate and try to work out any issues.
- Be accountable for the physical appearance and overall organization of the pool, including station set-up, aquatics equipment, deck furniture, and station breakdown.
- Have a thorough knowledge of and ability to communicate the particulars regarding the Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy program to clients.
- Take attendance for each scheduled class.
- Help monitor safety and act as “another set of eyes” at the pool. The children’s safety is always the most important responsibility.
- Make sure that all children under the age of 3.5 wear a swim diaper, vinyl swim pant and a swim suit.
- Give out skill stickers for the students if the instructor does not have time.
- Help facilitate communication between parents and the instructors or the office.
- Maintain clear access around the pools.
- Assist instructors to give the office any swim level changes.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com.
Lifeguards are responsible to enforce safety rules and provide appropriate supervision for the pool area, and ensure a safe environment in and around the pool area. Lifeguard candidates MUST have current certifications in Lifeguard Training, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and AED.
- Ensure safety in and around the pool area at all times
- Anticipate hazardous conditions and take precautionary measures
- Render first aid and CPR within the scope of employee's certifications
- Maintain pool area so that area is kept clean and safe at all times
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all members
- Attend training or staff meetings as scheduled
- Maintain appropriate certifications
- Understand safety and emergency preparedness procedures for the JCC
This is an hourly, part-time position. Daytime, weekend and evening hours will be required. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim Instructors teach swim classes for babies, children and adults using the SwimRight® Method which is a part of the Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy. Swim Instructors should have experience teaching swim lessons and enjoy working with children. Swim Instructors are mostly needed for afterschool and weekend hours.
The Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy (LKSA) is a unique aquatics education program organized around swimming foundations and designed with an emphasis on safety. From the age of three months, children (and adults) can start at any time--and learn and progress at their own pace. Students are taught the SwimRight® method, which focuses on correct body positioning and proper alignment from the early stages of lessons.
To become an instructor, there is a 40 hour training that must be taken. The 40 hours is a mixture of watching videos, learning about the method and program, co-teaching, teaching on your own and a test at the end. The cost of the program is $200 and you will earn that back if you work for us for 6 months consecutively.
Candidates fluent in Russian and English encouraged. Send resume to email@example.com or contact 617.558.6468.
Masters Swim Coach
JCC Greater Boston seeks a passionate Masters Swim Coach who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and will help our adult members improve their swimming.
- Write and lead Masters group workouts including short term and long term plans for swimmers
- Encourage participation and assist in building team unity
- Provide adult swimmers the opportunity to master technique
- Establish training programs to assist adult swimmers to achieve their goals
- Create and maintain a season plan targeted toward pre-defined competitions for swimmers of varied levels of swimming ability
- 4 year college degree
- 2 years swim coaching experience
- Patience and desire to lead a diverse group of adults
- Interest in a hands-on coaching format
- Ability to work with adult swimmers of all abilities, from recreational/fitness to competitive
- Member of US Masters
- Masters Coach certification Level 1 & 2 (Preferred)
- LG/CPR/AED certification required
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:15-7:15am
- Sundays, 7:15-8:15am
To apply, please email letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Swim Instructor/Lifeguard
The Swim Instructor/Lifeguard will be directly responsible for teaching swim classes for babies, children and adults using the SwimRight® Method which is a part of the Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy; providing appropriate supervision for the indoor and outdoor pools; and ensuring a safe environment in and around the pool area. In accordance with the Organization’s standards, the Swim Instructor/Lifeguard will take responsibility to provide excellent service at all times. Candidates must possess strong communication skills and exceptional interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Recreation Management or related field preferred but not required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in Aquatics with a proven track record for success.
- Current certifications: American Red Cross Lifeguard Training with First Aid included (or equivalent), American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent).
Fast paced work environment. Excellent salary and benefit package. To apply, please e-mail letter of application, resume and list of references to email@example.com.
South of Boston
South Shore Family Connector
JCC seeks Family Connector in South Shore area (Hingham, Hanover, Weymouth, Cohasset, Scituate area)
JCCs of Greater Boston is seeking a highly motivated, outgoing parent who loves meeting new people and connecting them to one another and to Jewish life. The ideal parent is highly networked and engaged in parent and/or Jewish communities, has a child(ren) ages 0-5, has excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, is familiar with online communication outlets for new parents, and has program development experience.
The candidate should be self-driven, able to work independently as well as part of a team, working directly with the JCC's South Area Family Program Coordinator. Experience working with families and/or children preferred. Residency in South Shore area required.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Join the JCC Family Engagement Team
Are you interested in a family-friendly part time position in Metrowest? Are you a naturally social person who enjoys working with families and being a part of a vibrant community? JCC Greater Boston has a part time position (10 hours/week) that is available immediately.
JCC Greater Boston offers a robust array of opportunities for families with young children to meet and connect with one another and we are growing in the Metrowest vicinity.
Our Family Connector positions (FC) play key roles in networking, building relationships and planning low barrier activities and programs that meet the needs of families and connect them with one another. FCs are outgoing parents with children ages 0-7 who love meeting new people and connecting them to one another and to Jewish life. Experience working with families and/or children preferred. Residency or strong connections in respective communities required.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.