Our Pre-K Program:
- We focus on social and emotional learning, with a deeper emphasis on specific academic skill-building.
- Our educators actively invite children’s input into topics of study, while also ensuring that those activities are set-up to both measure, support and challenge emerging academic skills
All Programs Include:
Exposing children to music supports all areas of development and skills for school readiness – including intellectual, social-emotional, motor, language and overall literacy.
It is important that children are given the opportunity to develop their gross motor skills; that they practice and improve skills such as spatial awareness, locomotor, coordination and rhythmic skills.
The leading family engagement and classroom documentation tool for Early Education programs. From simple photo sharing to rich visual assessment, Kaymbu provides daily communication between teachers and parents.
Learning a second language boots problem- solving, critical-thinking and listening skills. Studies have also shown that it improved memory, concentration and the ability to multitask. At JCC Early Learning Centers we integrate Hebrew into all aspects of your child's day. (Toddlers through Pre K)
Swimming allows children to develop water safety and survival skills, builds strength, muscle tone and assists with balance and coordination. (Newton site only)
Our partnership with Discover: CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) Early Childhood a national program enhances that work and encourages educators, children and families to work together.
When you enroll your child at one of our JCC Early Learning Centers, you can feel confident knowing your child will:
- Be treated as a strong and capable learner. We believe that every child is capable and full of potential; with complex identities, grounded in their individual strengths and capacities. Skilled educators will structure learning opportunities based on these core believes throughout their journey at our schools.
- Build social and emotional competency. Relationships of trust and security allow each child to thrive. Our centers’ culture are emotionally responsive, enhancing each child’s and its family’s emotional well-being.
- Be inspired to love learning. Our environments are rich with materials that inform, instruct and engage children. Our experienced educators set up classrooms that provoke wonder, curiosity, intellectual engagement and creativity with endless possibilities.
- Learn about healthy living. Our schools environments are created where physical activity, health education and healthy eating behaviors are valued and taught. Our partnership with Discover: CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) Early Childhood a national program enhances that work and encourages educators, children and families to work together.
- Benefit from the resources of the JCC Greater Boston. As part of the JCC, we offer enrichment activities, wonderful indoor and outdoor play spaces, swimming, music, theater and dance.